PRAYING THROUGH THE MONTH OF OCTOBER 2011
The new calendar day begins at sundown in the Hebrew calendar and begins at midnight in the Gregorian calendar. Therefore, the calendar months cannot run exactly parallel to each other. That is why there is a frequent disparity in the alignment of days and months. The months would fall at different times of the year.
For instance, the first month of the Jewish civil year begins on the 28th sundown September and ends on 28th October 2011. Thus the month is properly recognized as Tishri-Cheshvan as it falls between two Gregorian calendar months. (Further info may be found on the parallel Hebrew/Gregorian calendar for 5772/2011-2012on our website.)
The word October was derived from the Latin “Octo” meaning eight (8). October retained its name from the Latin origin when July and August, named after Julius and Augustus Caesar respectively, were inserted into the calendar that had originally been created by the Romans. It is now considered the tenth (10th) month in the now widely used Gregorian calendar. Consequently, it is the gateway into THE LAST QUARTER OF THE Gregorian calendar
It straddles the seventh (7th) and eighth (8th) month Tishri-Cheshvan of the Jewish sacred calendar and the first (1st) and second (2nd) month according to their civil calendar. (1 Kings 6:38; 1 Kings 12:32, 33).
The number 8 symbolizes a new beginning after the completeness of the number 7. The eighth month depicted “plumpness” as if a surplus above the perfect seven. Figuratively it symbolizes fatness, richness, lusty and plenteous. Thus the eighth month is meant to be a time of abundance and plenty. Most nations in the northern hemisphere experience rain during this time of the year when summer is drawing to a close while the southern hemisphere picks up the warmer temperatures.
During this autumn/fall season, creation prepares for the coming winter season. Creatures like ants and few other creatures gather food in summer and autumn and store it up in preparation for winter. Other animals prepare to go into hibernation in rest and recuperation.
It is a season of preparing ground for planting and the late harvest for plants that mature during late summer. There is a drying up and dying off of leaves and plants that had blossomed and borne fruit during spring and summer months. During this season of the various feasts of the Lord, there is also need for heightened intercession by the Body of Christ.
This season marks the occasion of the last three major festivals or feasts of the LORD. God appointed 7 feasts for Israel in the Old Testament (Lev 23, Neh 8:14, Exo 34:22). Note that the new calendar day begins at sundown i.e. 6pm in the Jewish calendar, while it starts at midnight in the Gregorian calendar.
- Jewish Civil New Year (Rosh HaShanah) is: Thursday, 1 Tishri-Cheshvan 5772 corresponding Wednesday, Sep. 28, 2011
- Day Of Atonement (Yom Kippur) is: Saturday, 10-11 Tishri 5772 corresponding to Friday, Oct. 7-8, 2011
- Feast of Tabernacles (Sukk’ot) is: Thursday 15 to 21 Tishri 5772 corresponding to 12-19 October 2011
- The 8th day (Shemini Atzeret) is: Thursday, 22 Tishri 5772 corresponding to the 19 October (Sundown)
- Annual Torah Reading Cycle (Simchat Torah) ends: Friday, 23 Tishri 5772 which corresponds to 21 October 2011
Monthly, the Israelites offered God praise, worship and normal burnt offerings. Tishri-Cheshvan was special because it marked the beginning of a new cycle of life. On the first day of the month, they celebrated the feast of trumpets marked by the blowing of trumpets in addition to it being the New Year’s Day. It is a season of new beginnings. The people rejoiced for God’s blessing throughout the just ended year and asked for His blessing in the coming New Year. In Israel, it is the time for ploughing and sowing.
The 1st to 10th day of this month marks “The Ten Days of Awe.” These are days of ever increasing praise to the LORD leading up to the Day of Atonement.
The 10-11th days of this month marked the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur) in which repentance is made to God for their sins and transgressions, in addition to petitions for God’s forgiveness. A sacred assembly is held in which offerings are presented to the Lord by fire (Lev 23:27-32).
On the 15-21st days of this month the feast of Tabernacles is celebrated. On the 22nd day the Shemini Atzeret and Annual Torah Reading cycle (Simchat Torah) ends bringing to a close the Hebrew convocations.
This month end of October brings a pagan celebration of Halloween; the ungodly “new year” for those in the occult especially in witchcraft of all types. Freemasons worldwide celebrate the Squares and Compass Day on 7th October.
In other cultures, it is the season for the celebration of festivals and renewal of covenants with their deities; thus fortifying their altars as power bases. This is marked by offerings and sacrifices to the gods, drumming and dancing, sacred assemblies, resolutions and attempts at development of communities. It is a season of religious processions, music, dancing and theatrical exhibitions; a time of organisation of sporting activities, relaxation, joy, etc. Even the dead and idle were not forgotten. This is especially during Halloween which falls between 31st October and 1st November.
Pray into the eighth sacred month
- Happy New Year! Praise the LORD at the gates of the new year. Enter these gates with thanksgiving and praise. Examine what the LORD has done in the past season and thank Him for He has allowed you to enter into another season. Whether you had great success or failures, or whether you were mediocre, you still have opportunity to move to the place of destiny. Rejoice for this opportunity and command the gate of this new year and all creation to praise the LORD. ((Heb 13:15, Psa 24, Psa 34, 148).
It is a season of intense spiritual activity. Those in the kingdom of darkness recognize the season and endeavor to lay claim on the gates of this season through much blood sacrifice. At every given season of feasts the LORD required the Israelite community to gather properly, and give themselves to consecrated sacrifices of praise, worship, repentance and celebration. In the New Testament, we get into a time of increased intercession and spiritual warfare. Thus, the LORD will have you lift Him up, exalt Him and He will draw men unto Him, and His enemies are scattered.
It is a new civil year in the Jewish calendar. The LORD instituted this calendar and the subsequent feasts that bring to a close the convocations. Last month we began to pray into this season, and this month we reinforce our prayer activity to consolidate the gates for His Kingdom. This month we celebrate the 10 days of ever increasing praise from 28th September up until 7th October when the Day of Atonement comes.
- For those days endeavor to read out loud scriptures of praise for at least 30 minutes at any given gate of time. Spend quality time in adoration to the LORD extolling Him as King of all kings and LORD of all lords over your life, family and territory.
- God Himself exists beyond time, yet He created the moments that make up the seconds, seconds that make up minutes, minutes that make up hours, hours that make up days, days that make up weeks, weeks that make up months, etc. Declare these time indices of the season as most holy unto the Lord their creator and instruct them to honor Him by obedience to His will throughout the month, because, they were created for His pleasure. (Lev 27:28; Rev 4:11)
This season freely offers the opportunity for God’s people to correct every mistake in their walk with God, every failure to accomplish God’s purpose for the just concluded year, every disobedience to God’s instruction, any disregard to His warnings and any dishonor to His name.
- In which of the above listed ways have you or the Body of Christ in your area fallen short of the glory of God? Repent, and ask God’s forgiveness. Ask for the Holy Spirit’s help to completely return unto the LORD in sincerity of heart and set your heart and mind to do His will. Stand in the gap also for the sins of your territory. (Rom 3:23; Acts 3:19; Ps 121:1-2; Is 55:7)
Have you as an individual kept a successful, diligent (i.e. prompt and earnest) Bible reading plan throughout the just concluded year? Have you kept a steady flow of communication between you and the Lord? Have you followed and obeyed the blueprint of your life by constantly asking God to reveal it to you by His spirit? We easily give time and attention to daily home, work and social activities, but never find adequate time to give ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word. (Acts 6:4)
- Assess yourself, how have you fared? Your naked findings should send you running to God for the help you need in the New Year. (1 Co 8:22; Prov 22:29; Lk 18:1; 1 Th 5:17; Is 1:19; 1 Co 2:11-12)
- The winter season is dry and harsh and food is scarce because both plants and animals have all gone into rest and recuperation. Learn and emulate wisdom from the ants, they gather food for such seasons of rest when food is in abundance in summer and autumn. God Himself said a time will come when He will send famine of hearing His words. Gather and store the food of the Word of God now, give yourself to an insatiable appetite for the Word and feed on the Word. This month read, study and meditate on Psalm 119 to grasp the importance of the Word of God. (Amos 8:10, 2Tim 2:15, Psa 119)
- To help you read large chunks of the Bible you may download the Bible Reading program from our website or request for it. In it are a number of Bible reading plans which will help you read through the Bible from Genesis to Revelations within a given number of days ranging from 7 days to 40 day reading plans. This way you can read through the Bible many times over within the coming civil year. Make this a part of your resolution for the coming season and do it!
- Rest and recuperation is equally very important. Even the animal kingdom realizes this, and obeys the principle of Sabbatical seasons. Do you have a Sabbath day when you take a rest? Do you have seasons when you simply rest and let the LORD minister to you and restore and replenish you? God instituted rest, therefore ask the Holy Spirit to teach you how to rest effectively both spiritually and physically. (Eccl 10:10b, Jer 15:16, Math 4:4; Lk 4:4; Heb 3:7 – 4:11; Joh 14:26)
This month falls largely within the 1st month of the new civil year. The number 1 denotes primacy. It also denotes unity (unison). It is a number that marks the beginning. “In the beginning God…” (Gen1:1) It symbolizes the foundation of any activity or event.
- Pray that the LORD will expose foundational issues that you need to deal with in your life, family, and territory. The root determines the fruit. Where there are negative foundations manifesting, ask the Holy Spirit at the foundation of this new season, to begin to teach you how to pray and guide you to appropriate teachings, and people who will help you in dealing with foundations at various levels.
The number ten symbolizes the completeness of divine order. Pray that you, your family, marriage, community, city, nation and the ekklesia will fulfill God’s divine order for your lives this month and the months ahead. (Jas 4:13-15)
- The tenth Gregorian month is the gateway to the last quarter of the Gregorian calendar year. Command the gates of this month to be lifted unto the Lord for His possession. Pray that God will send His fishers and hunters to fish and hunt for and destroy from this month the occult who practice fetishism and shed blood. (Ps 24:7-10; Jer 16:16-18)
- The Jewish civil year 5772 is a 12th year season. Pray that in this season of divine governance, the LORD will begin to divinely lead you and govern your life and the gate of society where you have your occupation. Pray this for every one of the 8 gates of society in your territory including: (1)Family (2) Belief system (including your worldview/ mindset) (3) Government governance and Politics (4) Economy (5)Education (6) Science & Technology (7) Media (8) Art Sport and culture. (Isa 33:22)
- Start investing prayer into the year 2012 beginning now! God has been patiently waiting for that year so He will accomplish many great and diverse things in individual lives, families, whole nations and continents. Wait on the Lord for this, let the Spirit of God lead you in prayer, He will give you the specific prayer directions as you wait.(Isa 40:31; Ps 27:14; 123:2; 130:5)
- Africa is on the Lord’s heart especially for the year 2012; He intends to showcase Africa to the world. By prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known unto God for the nations of Africa. Allow the Lord to show you the specific details He wants tackled, pray until you hear testimonies of the wonderful works of God in those nations. (Php 4:6; Acts 2:11)
- Is this your month of birth? If it is your birthday, then tell the Lord to give you a one year development plan that will be a lamp to your feet and a light to your path until your next birthday. (Pro 16:15; Ps 119:105)
- Pray that the LORD will light your candle in this coming season. The ungodly practice of blowing out your birthday candles signifies a snuffing out of light and revelation knowledge. Rather, you should light your candles on your birthday and keep them burning to signify prophetically, the light and revelation of God for this new season (Psalm 18:28,)
- Prophesy into the coming year that you will enjoy the virtues of the new season and pray through Isaiah 60 and 61concerning your own personal new year that commences on your birthday this month. Pray for release, restoration, restitution, returning to inheritance, rebuilding of that which was broken down and wasted away, rejoicing, repentance and revelation knowledge.
In the world today, many nations are going through various kinds of challenges; some are political, some religious, some social, some economic etc, God has a purpose in mind. We are not in the season of considering man’s wisdom in explaining those challenges and giving man’s perceived solutions. Rather, the season demands that the Body of Christ should be in constant communion with God so that they will be sensitive enough to key in and accomplish what the voice of the Lord has to say concerning each nation.
- Proclaim Ps 29
- Ask the Lord to fulfill Isa 50:4-5 in your life and in the Body of Christ globally, so each will hear Him with clarity and fulfill His will for the nations.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY OF MANKIND
This is a new season in which we shall gain teaching and prayer direction through some aspects of the 6th gate of society. It is a new beginning therefore as you pray into this 8th month focus on the following truths:
The number 8 represents new beginnings. Circumcision was on the eighth day, when a new communion was entered into. Eight souls were saved in the ark, to commence a new world, (1Pe 3:20, 2Pe 2:5.)
This is a new beginning with a difference. The scales are falling from every blind eye, and the hearts are receiving understanding of God’s prophetic position for His people in relation to the health status of their bodies.
Last month, God’s concern was for sons who will perpetuate His Kingdom here on earth. In this eighth sacred month of October the voice of the Spirit of God is focused on the health status of the sons God desires.
Sons, who will live a very healthy life on earth, thus live the entire lifespan God ordained for them, to fulfill their God given mission on earth, by eating what God gave man to eat, drinking what God gave man to drink, breathing in what God gave man to breathe in and thinking the thoughts God gave man to think about.
This fulfils the caption that says “You are what you eat, what you drink, what you breathe in and what you think”. This is the science and technology of the life of man.
Science can be defined as the study of the environment and man’s interaction with the environment, thus, it is: knowing how things work and how they effectively and efficiently interact with the environment. Technology can be defined as knowing how to do things (Jos 1:8) “…observe to do…” what God wants us to do.
God is the greatest Scientist in the universe and has made the human body an excellent chemistry laboratory. He has therefore placed every requirement in the environment for the optimal functioning of the human body, these, man must locate and provide for the healthy performance of his body.
Strictly following the word of God, the food God gave man is stated in Gen 1:29. After the flood God added every moving thing that has life, except flesh with blood in it because He explained that life is in the blood – Gen 9:3-4; Lev 17:11&14. God went further in Lev 11, to specifically point out the particular moving things with life in them which His people must eat and which to avoid. This has been further addressed in Rom 14, note Verse 12 and Col 2:16-17
Because man has departed from the divine order for food that will keep the human body healthy, strong and give it longevity on earth, he has ended up with strange chaotic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, cancer, obesity, osteoporosis etc. Note: these are internal disorders due to choice and quantity of food and the timing when such foods are consumed. God, who knows the end from the beginning, had foreknowledge that man would deviate from the options He had provided for him so He provided remedy for the disorders in fruit trees whose leaves will be used for healing as in Eze 47:12. God has offered a holistic life in Christ if only we see, understand and receive it as such. (3 Joh 1:2)
(Please note that this is not an exhaustive study, it is just a broad guide line to get you, your family and God’s people around the world, kick started on healthy living for the Lord. He made your spirit, soul and body and you will give account for all of them. (Rom 14:12. The following are excerpts from the Science and Technology Summit)
YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT
- As an individual or family do a study on Gen 1:29. Find out what plants are called herbs on the face of the earth and which of them bare seeds. Identify the seed baring ones that can be found in your country. Do the same study for every tree whose fruit yields seed and identify those in your country or locality. Prayerfully allow the Lord to lead you to select those that can be obtained in abundance in their seasons round the year and ask the Lord to help you make the necessary changes you need to make as your main source of food. ( 2 Tim 2:15)
- There are different body types so you need to seek for the knowledge of what your body type is, your spouse’ body type, your children individually and then you can determine what is suitable for each one of them for the optimal functioning of their bodies within God’s provision for man. (Mat 7:7; Lk 11:9)
- Read out and study Gen 9:3-4; Lev 11, 17:11&14; Rom 14 and Col 2:16-17. Remember that each one of us will give an account of himself to God (Rom 14:12). You are unique, so ask the Lord to show you what He will want you to feed on and simply obey Him (Prov 3:5-6)
- God in His wisdom has included fasting as a source of health for His people. Read and Meditate on Isa 58:6-12 and ask the Lord to help His people make fasting an integral part of their lives.
- The wisdom of God is unbeatable. It is therefore wisdom for the Body of Christ to agree with God and change their eating patterns to conform to what God has provided for them. If we do this each one will be strong and live a healthy life for the Lord and fulfill His will. To achieve this, kingdom citizens must be determined to put away fast foods, poor eating habits, unhealthy lifestyles and the eating of chemically grown food. They must accept and follow the Lord’s choice, eating only organically grown foods. The closer the food is to the natural, the healthier. (Eccl 10:10b; Deut 33:25b)
YOU ARE WHAT YOU DRINK:
The body of man is made up of 70% water and all the vital functions of the body take place in water medium. Every individual requires about 2.5 liters of good quality water of right purity and acidity for optimal functioning of the body.
The source of drinking water for the Israelites during their exodus from Egypt were from wells, rivers, rocks etc which suggests that the PH of the water they drunk was alkaline because of the dissolved mineral content from the rocks underground. It has been discovered that acidic water of low PH creates a good medium for diseases.
- Provide your family with good source of crystal clear alkaline water for drinking. Ask the Lord to teach you diverse but simple methods of purifying water especially water from villages and faraway forest places. There are seeds of plants that cause sedimentation of all pollutants in water. God the creator will show you when you ask Him. (Joh 14:26; 1 Joh 2:27)
- God gave man fruits and vegetables for food. Those in season could be made into healthy fruit and or vegetable drinks for the family. They are a very rich source of antioxidants that preserve the body from the harmful effects of free radicals. There are quite a number of people even among the Body of Christ who do not like fruits nor vegetables, there are those who like fruits but not vegetables and vice versa. Remember and remind all those with such varied tastes that it’s not about anybody’s preferences or what tastes good, it’s about what God’s wisdom has provided to keep man healthy and strong. Pray for yourself, your family, the Body of Christ and all acquaintances that God will work in them to align their choices to what His wisdom has provided. (Heb 13:21)
YOU ARE WHAT YOU BREATHE IN:
The quality of air you breathe in is very important. God created a gaseous interchange between man and plants. Man breaths out carbon dioxide that is inhaled by plants, while plants exhale oxygen that is inhaled by man. Therefore the life of man is completely dependent on the oxygen produced by plants. The air in the countryside is fresh and healthy but air in the cities, especially in highly industrialized cities, is filled with pollutants. Certain chemicals that are released into the environment when inhaled lead to lung related diseases such bronchitis, lung cancer etc. Emissions of fluorides, chlorides etc into the atmosphere have depleted the ozone layer which is a protective shield against the penetration of the ultra violet radiation from the sun rays. All these factors have contributed to drastically reducing the lifespan of man.
- God who made man already foreknew that man’s activities will become dangerous to his very existence on earth. God has provided plants that naturally absorb all toxins, pollutants, contaminants etc from the air, thus cleaning and refreshing the air for man. The first thing to do is to study the plants God has provided. Identify those that could be used for decorating homes, those that will do well indoors and at the same time clean and refresh the air. Identify those that are decorative and outdoor plants for generally filling the atmosphere with oxygen. It is lack of knowledge that leads to destruction.(2 Tim 2:15; Hos 4:6)
- Wherever you find yourself, fill the surrounding with plants – indoor, in your sitting rooms, bedrooms, corridors, etc and outdoor gardens, so you and your family will enjoy better quality air to breathe in. (Isa 1:19)
- Educate others around you: colleagues, neighbors, friends and enemies alike so that the corporate effort round your dwelling places, offices etc will help provide good quality air filled with oxygen for the environment. (Exo 35:34)
YOU ARE WHAT YOU THINK:
God’s word said, “…as he thinketh in his heart so is he…” (Prov 23:7a) Change takes place first in the mind. Kingdom citizens need to acquire a new mindset. It is not about what tastes good neither is it about what feels good, it is about what God wants us to do. Every member of the Body of Christ has big assignments to do for the Lord on earth. In order to fulfill His plan, the Body of Christ needs to be transformed by the renewing of the minds of the members of the Body.
- It is the LORD who builds us into what He would have us be in His kingdom. Pray that you will be a person who is malleable in His hands in this season. If you are to be transformed in your thinking, there must be a dismantling of some mindsets and worldviews that you had harbored up until now. It is not easy to change how you think especially when it is not according to God’s Word and pattern. Therefore, ask the LORD to help you and the rest of the body of Christ to submit as He touches your thinking patterns on various aspects of His kingdom and its patterns of operation. Only He can build effectively. Any other method or program of building is in vain Ps 127:1
- Study Romans 12:1-2. You will only achieve all the other changes in your health as you begin to change how you think and your whole outlook to life. Ask the Holy Spirit to touch your mind in a very special way this season.
- Pray that God will enable you and the members of the ekklesia to get to the level where each can be classified as being in the good, acceptable and perfect alignment with God’s word and practically living by that standard for others to emulate.
Note carefully: There is a certain trend in all that has been shared above. This trend is calling for study, study, and study. If you fail to study the environment around you, your body, and what is good from the environment for your body and others around you, you will miss out on health and longevity which God freely gave man. This was evidenced in the lives of those who lived nine or eight or seven or six hundred years, on this very planet earth (Gen 5). They lived in a healthy environment right from their homes and territories. They lived in the countryside in oxygen filled environments that added to longevity (2 Tim 2:15)
Consider all the information given about the science and technology of the life of man in the above excerpts and prayer direction.
“All of this makes us even more certain that what the prophets said is true. So you should pay close attention to their message, as you would to a lamp shining in some dark place. You must keep on paying attention until daylight comes and the morning star rises in your hearts”. (CEV) 2 Pet 1:19
The Body of Christ is the life giver to those sitting in the darkness of ignorance and in the shadow of death and destruction. We receive light from God, the Light Giver to manifest His kingdom of light, because in Him was life and the life is the light of men. (Joh 1:4)
The Body of Christ must start afresh with God especially in the care of our bodies! Some of the members of the Body have so abused their bodies by feeding it with things that are not God ordained, forgetting that it is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in them. (1 Cor 6:19)
God is not interested in a wasted body but rather in the best of us. None of His children should wait until they have a left over body then say to Him “you can now use the left over.” Nobody wants a leftover that is why God wants us when we are strong. A time will come when by reason of age; somebody will take us by the hand and lead us to where we do not desire to go. (Joh 21:18) When that time comes, we should be ready to say like Paul did “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course…” (2 Tim 4:7)
- As a kingdom citizen are you ready to start a new walk with God where the care of our bodies is concerned? This may be hard to decide because just like Jesus said “not all men can receive this saying, but they to whom it is given”. (Mat 19:11) Pray for yourself, your spouse, your family, the Body of Christ, and the people groups of the nations. Pray that God will make more grace abound to them so they will agree with the Lord on this, and change their diets to follow the patterns He will reveal. (2 Cor 9:8)
- At the beginning of the New Year, ask the Lord to make you and your family, colleagues and friends the pioneers of healthy living in your homes, offices, fellowship centers, recreation centers etc. Disseminate the information far and wide so you become the life givers. (Ps 68:11)
- Proclaim Isa 42:16 into the heavens, the earth, and water bodies, underneath the earth and to all parts of creation; so the Lord will lead His people in paths they have not known concerning healthy living.
The number 10 signifies the perfection of divine order, the completeness of order. God has a perfect divine plan that is an entire way of life from the beginning to the end for every one of His children. However, many kingdom citizens in this generation have not perfectly walked in this divine order of life. This is because “God made man upright, but they have sought out many schemes”. (Eccl 7:29b) As a result, man is not in divine order with God over many issues in man’s life on earth.
Man’s way of life, choice of food, drinks, cloths, the artificial air he breathes in from air conditioners and other air cooling and circulating gadgets; the educational system of man is focused on man’s wisdom and not the Lord’s. The business methods man uses are principles of the kingdom of darkness. All the eight gates of society have deviated from the original divine order.
- Ask the LORD to reveal to you in this season the areas where you are walking in divine disorder. From the above areas of your personal health to your spiritual health, your relationships, your thought patterns – allow His light to shine and reveal every area of deviation. Ask Him to push you back on track into your destiny and redemptive purpose.
- You cannot be or do everything. You have your part to play. Bring every gate of society before the LORD. Ask Him to show you where your part is in bringing divine order in your life, family, and territory.
- Repent on behalf of people in your gate of society and because man is living in sin and against divine order. (Ps 51; Dan 9:3-20)
- Prophesy into this season of divine order, that the LORD will show you where He is working, and where His hand is moving as He begins to work in your life so that you are encouraged and take up responsibility to live according to His divine patterns. Pray this for the Body of Christ and for the territory you are living in.
- Proclaim Job 22:21-30
- Pray Job 22:23 that God will by His wisdom return people in every gate of society back to Him and build them up strictly by His word. Then man will search out the details of the divine order for his life on earth and turn away from a lifestyle that is in total disobedience to God. Pray especially for yourself and the Body of Christ
FALL FEASTS OF THE LORD
Last month we explained the purpose of the final feasts of the LORD for the year. The new year fell within the end of September and the rest of the feasts will fall within the month of October.
The Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur) (Lev 23:27, 29, 32)
Celebrated the 10th day of Tishri (7 – 8th Oct 2011)
The Day of Atonement symbolized the total removal of sin, both in terms of those who trusted the Lord and those who did not. Jesus Christ was the fulfillment and ultimate atonement for humanity (Heb 9:11-14)
The atoning blood of Christ is the only blood that will redeem all who have not yet believed, even the remnant Jews that are yet to be saved. It is his blood that atones for any sin ever committed on earth.
- This is an occasion of significance because it symbolizes the day Christ was crucified. Take advantage of the occasion as a member of the ekklesia, sanctify a fast unto the Lord in remembrance of this final Lamb who was slain for the salvation of the world. Stand in awe of this sacrifice that raised the greatest and most powerful altar ever established. The altar of Calvary deals with every single sin and consequence of the fall of man. It is a time to worship the LAMB of GOD (Rev 4-5)
- It is s time of repentance. After extolling the LORD during the past days of awe and ever increasing praise, the Day of Atonement is a time to come before the exalted God, and see yourself, the body of Christ and your territory through the exalted God. All our righteousness is like unclean rags before Him (Isa 64:6). Enter into a time of repentance as the Spirit of the LORD will lead you.
- Ask the Lord to pardon all your iniquities from your foundations and as far back as the LORD will lead you. Pray also for kingdom citizens in your territory. Ask the Lord to blot out all your transgressions and release the times of refreshing from His presence unto you and the ekklesia. (Joel 2:15; Ps 25:11; Act3:9)
- Plead with the Lord for the lives of individuals, families, communities, cities and nations that are out of the will of God, asking that the blood of Christ will be the propitiation for every area where they missed the mark of God’s righteous standards. Thank God for His forgiveness, mercy and restoration. (Joe 1:14; Rom 3:23-25; 1 Joh 1:7-10; 2:1-2; 4:10)
- Pray for yourself, and the Body of Christ using Ephesians 1:17-2:10 that there will be a new understanding of the power that raised the LORD from the grave and the consequences thereof for all who are called by His name.
The Feast of Tabernacles:
(Sukkot, Booths, ingathering) (Neh 8:14; Exo 34:22)
Celebrated on the 15th day of Tishri for seven days. Sukkot will be from 12-19th October 2011. It is the Lord’s Feast of Thanksgiving, commemorating His love and care for Israel in the desert on their way to the Promised Land.
- Recite the Hallel for praise and thanksgiving on such joyous occasions from Ps 113-118
- Read Rev 21 out loud and meditate on it.
- Pray that the tabernacle of God that is with men will be a reality in your life and in the lives of God’s people. (Rev 21:3)
- “… The upright shall dwell in thy presence”. Cultivate the habit of creating an atmosphere of praise and worship in your home, office, vehicle, etc because that draws the presence of God. Sing spiritual songs unto the Lord; fill your home with gospel music. Take delight in reading out the word. Pray that Kingdom citizens will cultivate this lifestyle. (Ps 140:13)
The closing of the Convocations
- Pray that the end of convocations and this season of latter harvest, the LORD will crown your year with abundance (Psa 65:11)
- On the 8th day (Shemini Atzeret) begins on the last day of the Sukk’ot. The Torah is read out loud during that day. Take time to read the book of Deuteronomy out loud from the beginning to the end. It is a summary of the Torah.
- Pray that the LORD will cause you to align your life according to that original pattern that He gave to the children of Israel. Pray that the original patterns of life will begin to reflect in your family. Ask the LORD where you can begin to realign and reorganize your life in order to fit into His original blueprint.
- Pray for the gate of society that you represent. Also present the other gates of society and ask the LORD to reveal to you where you should begin to realign to His divine order of lifestyle and operation in that gate.
- Pray that as you come to a close of the convocations the LORD will bring closure to areas that have been loose or open ends when they should be closed. Is it a court case that is unfinished and continues intermittently? Is it an illness that keeps recurring? Is it a characteristic or habit in you or others around you that keeps recurring and does not seem to stop? Is it a persistent challenge to health, finances, your spiritual walk with the LORD, relationships? Ask that in this season of closure, you will begin to experience closure.
October 7th – is a Masonic holiday referred to the Squares and Compass day.
- Declare into the womb of that day that it is the day that the LORD has made. Command the day to do the bidding of the LORD and all parts of creation on that day to reject and vomit out every instruction from any occult quarter
- In Exodus7:8-12 after Moses threw down his staff and it turned into a snake, Pharaoh’s magicians by magic arts also tried to imitate the miracle. However their snakes were all swallowed up by Moses snake. In the same way, pray that every counterfeit manifestation that the kingdom of darkness tries to release on this key Feast day shall be swallowed up by the LORD’s true manifestation of redemption.
- As it is the Day of Atonement, pray that indeed many who have been drawn to the occult in any way will be drawn back to the LORD as multitudes across the nations repent and pray through that feast of the LORD on the Day of Atonement.
- May there be redemption and salvation in the camp of the counterfeit freemasons as the real masons, the sons of God observe the Day of Atonement and increased intercession.
October 31st – Halloween was developed from the ancient New Year festivals of the dead (the Celtic festival of Samhain) It is now deeply rooted in many cultures. Information obtained on a Halloween website shows several subtitles that reveal how Halloween has been stretched to touch various aspects of life. The site reads as follows:
“… Now, more than ever, our mission is to help you enjoy Halloween as much as we do! Since 1994 our website objective has been to help people find useful information about the holiday, while at the same time help those with the information find the people.”
“Our website and the website list of Halloween sites will now help you find everything from the History of Halloween, Halloween food, Halloween Costumes, pumpkin carving, trick or treating, to Halloween Around the World, Plus Halloween greeting cards, Halloween screensavers, Halloween jokes, costumes for kids, costumes for adults, costumes ideas for the physically challenged, Halloween Movies, last minute costume ideas, from Halloween games, to Halloween safety to trick- or – treat information, to Halloween events, and everything in between. Our Halloween discussion in the website forums lets you exchange ideas, comments and fun about our favorite holiday. Our website is your one source of all things Halloween! Our complete sitemap shows all the Halloween sections…”
- Pray Deut 32:22 concerning this, asking the Lord to kindle a fire in His anger that will set the foundations of Halloween ablaze and deliver all those who enjoy
these celebrations from the chains of darkness.
- Pray that the Body of Christ in various parts of the world will seriously see the need to take up the education of people about the spiritual implications and dangers of Halloween, and introduce them to Christ as the alternative to hope and true enjoyment. (Mat 28:19a)
All saints and all souls day is another celebration of the dead instituted by an arm of the body of Christ in A.D. 800 in order to perpetuate a festival people had celebrated before becoming Christians and pegged it at the 1st of November.
- Perpetuating a pagan festival for people who have become Kingdom citizens is totally against the word of God. Knowledge is a key to life, but many have rejected knowledge and therefore rejected life. Pray that kingdom citizens everywhere will embrace the totality of the word of God without concessions and educate others coming into the body to do the same. (Hos 4:6)
- Pray that there will be a Holy Spirit move which will bring a conviction in the hearts of many ignorant kingdom citizens who dabble in these occult practices so that they come to knowledge and repent of ignorance and sin. (Acts 3:17-20)
- The revered Bishop Desmond Tutu is turning 80. This man who is supposed to be of God has invited the Dalai Lama – the Tibetian “living master” or strongman of Buddhism to celebrate with him. The government of South Africa has been rejecting visa application for the Dalai Lama causing an uproar among Bishop Tutu and his supporters.
- Pray that the LORD will intervene in this matter and keep him from entering that key African gate unless the LORD has purposed it. From that gate the rest of the continent is influenced. Reject every incantation, every prognostication, every arrangement and alignment of the stars by the Dalai Lama and those who seek his entrance into South Africa. Ask the LORD to render their counsel to be like the mutterings of the mad.
This month is the gateway into THE LAST QUARTER OF THE Gregorian calendar YEAR when OCCULT FETISHISM AND BLOODSHED manifest in bizarre occurrences, road accidents, robbery, ritual murders, rape, etc. These were orchestrated thanksgiving offerings offered to their “gods” for giving them protection throughout the concluding year.
- As a gateway into the last quarter of the Gregorian calendar year, command the gates of the month to be lifted up to allow the King of glory to enter and take possession so He will take charge of the entire month and rule it the way He wants. That way, all their orchestrations for the month will be thwarted. (Ps 24:7-10)
Season of Fruitfulness
- Proclaim Psalm 65:11 to all creation around you.
This is a season of fruitfulness above the perfect seven. As children of God, we must be fruitful in fulfillment of God’s command to man “be fruitful and multiply…” (Gen 1:28)
- Pray especially for the leaders in every gate of society in your territory that the fruit of the Holy Spirit will make them effective and faithful leaders. (Gal 5:22-25; Num 12:7; Heb 3:2,5)
- Pray that the fruit of the tree of life for the 1st , 8th and 10th months will be your portion in this season. (Rev 22:2)
- God stated a principle in His word that says “be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” Whatever you have sown whether it is time, labor, care, mercy, love, loyalty etc, be assured, God does not lie, you will reap. (Gal 6:7, Psalm 126)
PRAYING FOR NATIONS
Jewish civil issues:
A few months ago, the Lord spoke again what He has spoken from time to time concerning His people Israel. He said that they were going to come under great pressure from all their neighbors around them and from other nations too.
This is happening today: what with the Palestinians asking for statehood and division of Jerusalem for their capital and from the UN and other friendly countries turning into vicious enemies against them. God said He is allowing this to happen so Israel will turn back to Him. This is God’s purpose for the entire challenge facing Israel.
- God is seeking the attention and return of His people to Him. Pray that Israel will return to the Lord their God. Pray for salvation and redemption of more and more people of Jewish extraction the world over. Proclaim Hos 14 and pray verse1 for Israel.
- Pray 2 Cor 2:3-7 for Israel.
- Pray that the counsel of Ahitophel (which was as from a man had enquired at the oracle of God), will be given to the leaders of Israel especially their Prime minister and his advisors, so they will take decisions and implement them that will perfectly align with the will of God. (1 Sam 16:23)
- Proclaim Isa 19 into creation and declare that these are the signs of the beginnings of the new alliances for the nation Israel that will result in the manifestations of Isa 19.
- People’s Republic of China 1 October (Proclamation of People’s Republic of China in 1949)
- Cyprus 1 October (Independence from United Kingdom in 1960)
- Czech Republic 28 October (Independence from Austria Hungary in 1918)
- Egypt 6 October (Arab-Israeli War 1973)
- Equitorial Guinea, 12 October (Independence from Spain in 1968)
- Fiji 10 October (Fiji Independence day from United Kingdom in 1970)
- Germany 3 October (German Unity Day, unification o west Germany and East Germany in 1990)
- Greece 28 October (Ohi Day rejection of Italian ultimatum in 1941)
- Hungary, 23 October (The day of the Republic, 1956 Revolution memorial day)
- Turkey 29 October (Republic Day (Cumhuriyet Bayramı), republican constitution in 1923)
- Turkmenistan 27 October (Declaration of independence from the Soviet Union in 1991)
- Tuvalu 1 October (Independence from the United Kingdom in 1978)
- Uganda 9 October (Independence from the United Kingdom in 1962, also republic)
- Zambia 24 October (Declaration of independence from United States. n 1964)
- India, 2 October (Birthday of Mahatma Ghandhi, Founder of the Nation)
- Iraq 3 (Independence from United Kingdom in 1932)
- Kazakhstan Independence from the USSR in 1991)
- Lesotho 4 October (Independence from the United Kingdom in 1966)
- Nigeria 1 October (Independence from United Kingdom in 1960 (and republic 1963)
- St Vincent and the Grenadines 27 October (independence day from united kingdom in 1979
- Twelve hundred
- Spain 12 October (Hispanic day Columbus discovery of America 1492)
- Republic of China (commonly known as “Taiwan”) double ten day (10 October (establishment of the republic (in China in 1911)
- Pray for the nations celebrating national days this month. Thank God for their existence for all these years since their inception.
- Pray that as the nations go into a new beginning at the festivals and ceremonies of their national days, they will begin to enjoy the virtues of another new beginning for their people at various levels.
- Pray for the Body of Christ in these nations to continue to seek the LORD and uphold their nation for redemption and salvation. Pray for those who are weary in the place of intercession. Pray that the Holy Spirit who helps their infirmity will teach them how to keep the prayer lamp burning.
- The 40th Canada Ontario general election will be held on October 6, 2011. It will elect members of the 40th Legislative Assembly of Ontario.
- The 2011 Liberian general election is scheduled to be held on 11 October
- Bulgaria presidential elections October 2011
- Republic of Poland to observe the 9 October 2011 parliamentary elections,
- Cameroonians will head to the polls to vote in a Presidential election on 9 October 2011.
- Federal Elections Elections of the National Council and Council of States will be held in Switzerland on 23 October 2011.
- Tunisia constituent assembly elections October 20-25 2011
- October 2011: Argentina’s presidential election
- October 2011: Kiribati’s presidential election
- October 27 2011: Ireland’s presidential election
- October 2011: Oman’s legislative elections
- Seychelles Next Scheduled National Assembly Election: 29 September-1 October 2011.\
- 9, 2011: Legislative elections in Congo (RC)
- 16, 2011: Mauritania’s parliamentary elections
- 30, 2011: Kyrgyzstan’s presidential election
- October 2011: Tentative timeline for Egypt’s presidential and parliamentary elections (delayed from July)
- Thank God for each of the above nations and for the opportunity people have to partner with the LORD in selecting the leaders they deserve.
- Pray that in this season, the LORD will raise leaders who will steer their nations toward the season of the end time Holy Spirit revival that is coming to the nations during these times.
- North Africa has experienced a strong shaking of their thrones since the beginning of this year. Finally Libya is moving toward a “post-Gadaffi” era. Tunisia, Mauritania, Egypt, Oman have tentatively set elections during this coming month. Pray that the LORD will raise leaders who will bring the people to a desperate search for the Savior Jesus Christ.
- Thank God for nations which are going into elections in the remaining months of this year 2011 and the year 2012. You will find the information on our website GAPNET Elections Calendar.
- Zambia just elected their new president and legislature. Pray for that nation and for wisdom on the part of the President. Pray that he will lead that nation into their jubilee season effectively.
- Pray for wise counselors around him and for righteous and just leadership that is not fraught with bitterness, vengeance and retribution on those who long opposed him as an opposition leader against the former ruling party MMD. Rather pray that he will be a Davidic leader to shepherd the nation with skillfulness of hands and integrity of heart (Eccl 10:17, Psalm 72:78)
- Pray the above for all other nations that have experienced elections and are preparing to form new governments.
PRAYING GOD’S PATTERNS IN THE HEAVENS
Jesus Christ said that in these last days there will be signs in the heavens heralding the times and seasons pointing toward the coming of the Great Day of the LORD. Indeed the heavens have declared time and time again the glory of the LORD and continue to reveal His purposes.
Crescents and Quarter Moons (Sickles & Bows respectively)
The occult often uses the crescent moon as a sickle to reap the gains of the righteous that are ignorant. This is also the period when they increase their enchantments, strength and fortification.
- Pray that God will cut off those that handle the sickle in the time of harvest so the gains of the righteous ignorant will be preserved. (Jer 50:16)
- On the occasion of the crescent moon, pray that Jesus the wisdom of God will instruct God’s people to increase their utterances to God in prayer while the occult increase their enchantments, and also to proclaim volumes of the word of God for strength and fortification so they will prove themselves wiser than the children of this world. (1 cor 1:30; Lk 16:8)
The quarter moons are physically observed in the sky to be D shaped or its mirror image. On this occasion, the occult with sharpened tongues like a serpent and adders poison under their lips, fill the land with violence as they instruct the quarter moons with words of violence, failure, rebellion against authority, health challenges, accidents, marriage annulments, riots etc.
The first quarter moon for the eighth sacred month (October) is on the 04th of October 2011 @ 03:15 UT and the last quarter moon for the eighth sacred month (October) is on the 20th of October 2011 @ 03:30 UT
- Praise the LORD who created the moon for His glory to mark the seasons and months. (Psalm 104:19, 136:7-8)
- Pray that God will send upon the occult evil arrows of famine that shall be for their destruction except they repent and turn to the Lord. (Eze 5:16)
- Ask the Lord to deliver kingdom citizens from such evil men. (Ps 64; Ps 140:1-6)
The full moon for this month is on the 12th of October 2011 @ 02:06 UT
- The moon manifests its fullness that benefits the earth because it sheds that light on earth. Pray for the full manifestation of the seven spirits of God, and the seven eyes of the LAMB in your life and in the lives of Kingdom citizens in your territory to give them guidance to govern each gate of society according to the patterns of God. (Isa 11:2; Zec 3:9a; 4:10)
- During the full moon sometimes people suffer from “moonstruck madness” and other adverse effects. Creatures both human and animals are affected in various ways. Violence increases, sexual drives increase, and the hormonal imbalances occur due to the effects of the ebb and flow of waters influenced by the gravitational pull of the full moon. Pray that during this season the moon will not adversely affect you and your territory. Proclaim Psalm 121 especially v6. Rather proclaim that the all creation, including the sun, the moon and stars will all yield their best for you and bring forth abundance of blessing. (Hos 2:22, Deut 33:13-17)
The new moon that ushers in the ninth sacred month is on the 26th of October 2011 @ 19:56 UT
- The New Moon is always an occasion for fellowship with the Lord, either through His word or by direct communion with Him in prayer. God instructed that at the occasion of the New Moon, all flesh must worship before Him. Remember this is the beginning of a new civil year. Pray for continued obedience and rejection of weariness for God’s directives but you will be joyful in service.
- Pray that you will make this New Year, a time of dwelling in the secret place of the most High so you will build that intimacy with God for times to come (Ps 91:1-4)
The Sun departs Virgo on 17th October, bypasses Saturn and enters Libra, on October 21. On September 16 as the sun made its circuit through the heavens, it passed through a group of 110 stars in the constellation called Virgo symbolised by a virgin with a branch in her right hand and some ears of corn in her left hand. Here begun the tale of the LORD Jesus Christ’s life as foretold by the heavens. It started with a two-fold testimony of the Coming One.
Virgo represents JESUS – BORN OF A WOMAN AND IS THE RIGHTEOUS BRANCH, WHO’S REIGN WILL BE BEAUTIFUL AND GLORIOUS, AND WHO WILL MAKE THE FRUIT OF THE LAND TO BE RENOWNED. The sun will remain in Virgo for a larger part of this month until 17th October when it will pass the planet Saturn.
In the latter part of the month of October, on 21st as the sun makes its circuit through the heavens, it will enter group of 51 stars in the constellation called Libra symbolized by the scales. This reveals the Redeemer’s atoning work or the price deficient balanced by the price which covers. It represents Jesus as THE PRICE WHICH COVERS
- As the Sun enters the gates of Libra, command every star cluster within Libra to lift up their gates so that the King of glory will come into this season in the heavens. Command the heavens to praise the LORD. (Psa 19:1-6)
- Declare that no prognosticators or astrologers or diviners shall have any access to the heavens and all their divinations will turn to foolishness. (Isa 44:24-25)
- Scales symbolize justice and judgement. This is a season of Jubilee. There are areas of justice and judgement that the Lord has been dealing with decisively in this year of Judgement and retribution. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you areas where you may be lined up for judgement so that you can repent appropriately and make restitution where God will guide you. Pray this for the Body of Christ in the region. (Isa 33:22)
- Pray that as Libra rules in the heavens during this month, it shall release legislations with regard to unresolved matters of injustice over individuals, nations and strong men wherever Libra can be seen i.e. from all over the earth. May the stars in their courses fight against every unjust and unrighteous leader, breaking them and scattering their counsel. (Judg 5:20)
Three other smaller groups of stars called decans that form part of the constellation called Libra foreshadow the Sacrifice of Christ – where the price which covered was paid, out weighing the price which was deficient. They give the details of what the price to be paid was, how it was to be paid and what the result was in the Person of the Redeemer.
CRUX represents “the Cross” endured which describes the death of Jesus on the Cross where He declared “IT IS FINISHED” when He paid the price that covers with His life.
- This is a new year and a new season. As the heavens declare “it is finished,” take this declaration and apply it to every work that should not cross over into the new year.
- The cross of Calvary is the most effective and powerful altar of all time. Ask the LORD to reveal to you the characteristics of this altar so you can begin to apply this power in every area of your life, in every gate of society in your territory.
- Take time every day for a few minutes to mention the lost and believe the Lord for their salvation. Ask that the Lord will not pass by your family members, your community, church, nation and continent as He chooses those who will be redeemed in this season (Rom 8:29-30)
LUPUS OR VICTIMA represents “the Victim” slain depicting Jesus as the lamb that was slain. He laid down his life for the sheep. He offered Himself without spot to God.
- Examine yourself, examine your local congregation and pray that your lifestyle will depict the sacrifice that Jesus made. You will not live beneath His expectations but your life will have influence on every person, and place that it was meant to influence for the kingdom. Your focus will not be on physical temporal things but on the eternal permanent things that God prepared for you. (Phil 3:7-12)
- Jesus became a victim and was betrayed for 30 pieces of silver that was the price for a slave. Pray especially for the people of African extraction who continue to suffer from a victim and slave mentality. Pray that in this season the LORD will touch their minds starting with the Body of Christ right down to the bottom of society. At every point that Jesus Christ was victimized, we experienced redemption, salvation and deliverance from every bondage in our body soul and spirit. (Read Isa 53)
CORONA represents “the crown” bestowed, again depicting Jesus whose name the Father has exalted above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow. He will be crowned with glory and honour (Heb 2:9)
- Pray that, just like Jesus Christ was crowned with glory and honour having accomplished all of God’s purpose in His life on earth, so shall you fulfil all of your purpose and at the end receive all the crowns that are prepared for you. (2 Tim 4:6-8)
PRAYERS COVERING THE PROPHECIES FOR 2011
Please order a copy of the 2011 prophecies at the media desk or print a copy from our website www.gapnetwork.org to enable you keep the promises of God in focus and pray them into manifestation
Declare Rev 12:1-12 over the entire earth because the Lord has CONQUERED THE DRAGON.
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE GAPNET MEETINGS IN KENYA FROM October 11 to October 13, 2011. YOU ARE ALL INVITED TO ATTEND. PLEASE SEE THE WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.