This month is called “Ab” in Hebrew. It is equivalent to the fifth (5th) Jewish sacred calendar month. It is reckoned as the eleventh (11th) month with reference to the Jewish civil calendar. It was called “QUlNTILIS” in Latin meaning ‘fifth’. Julius Caesar assigned 31 days to the month of July in the year 46 BC. The Roman senate named the month “Julius” in honour of Julius Caesar; this is how it acquired its name – JULY. According to the Gregorian calendar, July is the seventh (7th) month.
In the Northern Hemisphere, July is usually the height of summer season. In the Southern Hemisphere July is the coldest part of the winter season. Jesus spoke to His disciples concerning the flowering of the fig tree during the summer season. It is a season when many crops begin to flower in anticipation of coming fruitfulness.
PRAYING INTO THIS MONTH
- Thank God for this month. For most of the world their calendar year has just wound up its first half. Thank God for the season that has gone by.
- Command the gates of the 2nd half of 2010 to be lifted up that the King of glory may be ushered into all spheres of existence in your family, church and nation (Psa 24)
- The summer season is one in which flowering is expected to occur. Pray that you will begin to see the prophetic words that God gave concerning you this year will begin to flower in preparation of fruiting in the near future.. Pray this concerning your family, church and every sphere of society in the nation (Luke 21:30)
This is the 5th Jewish, sacred month. The number signifies “Grace”.
- Pray that the grace of God will be abundant in this season. It is a time when there seems to be a lull in activity. You may be anticipating things yet it looks like they are never going to happen. Pray for the grace to hold on to the Lord.
- Pray for the grace of God to rest upon all of creation in your environment. Pray for salvation of souls because it is not by our works but by grace that men are saved (Eph 2:6)
- Pray for as many as you can mention by name this month that the Lord will choose them for salvation for we do not choose Him but He chooses us. (Joh 15:16.)
This month is also the 11th civil month of Jewish calendar. This signifies the final moment of lull before judgment, disintegration and disorder. It is like the stage in the metamorphosis of a butterfly when the pupa is in the process of turning into a fully grown butterfly. The caterpillar spins around itself a cocoon which will pressurize and heat the caterpillar till it disintegrates into a watery matter.
This watery mass rebuilds and reconstructs and transforms itself into the butterfly which is completely different from the caterpillar in every area. The caterpillar has a limited vision. It can only see what is around it. It can only eat the leaves of trees. It is a heavy, unproductive creature which is good for destroying the glory of the plants around it. It is signified as a destructive creature in scripture (Job 17:14, 24:20, Joel 1:4). It is not a thing of beauty.
However, the butterfly is completely different in nature. It enhances the glory of creation. It assists in fruitfulness and cross pollination. The butterfly has a wider view and can flit from one flower to another bringing goodness to plants. Many Christians reflect one of these two natures.
- Examine yourself. Have you been a Christian butterfly or Christian caterpillar? Have you taken and taken and not given back? Do you seek to continually receive spiritual nourishment to become a spiritually obese kingdom citizen without using your abilities and what you have learned to share with others and equip them? Or even put to practice what you receive? If so, you need to go back to the Lord and repent for being a wasteful steward of that which he has given to you. You have been destructive. Pray for the church of Christ at large. (Jonah 4:7, Isa 51:8)
- There is a season for being a caterpillar when you have to take in as much spiritual food as possible. It does not however last forever. Yet many Kingdom citizens are in this category. You can only benefit from that which you digest and absorb in your spirit man through meditating on the word, communion with the Lord and seasons of ministering to Him in song or doing acts of love toward other people as His representative/ambassador. Take the example of Paul the apostle. He was born again but immediately launched into a total fast, and in a short while was witnessing and teaching what he had learned. Pray that the Lord will begin to put you in the place where you can begin to absorb and use up what you have been receiving spiritually. (Acts 9:17-22, 2Tim 2:1-2, 1 Ti 4:11-12)
- Have you been a Kingdom butterfly? Bring your position before the Lord. Thank Him and ask Him to make you more fruitful. When you bear good fruit, the Lord increases your capacity and responsibility. (Psa 1:1-3, Luke 19:13,16-26)
- This month is one for flowering in anticipation for coming fruitfulness. Pray that you will enter into a season of flowering. Pray that the Lord will cause you to make divine connections with those who will “pollinate” your spirit, the work of your hands, with whom you will do likewise in order to bear fruit for the second half of the year. (Gen 9:1,7, Lev 26:9)
- Pray that the Lord will help you to understand your seasons of lull, seasons when all seems very chaotic and disintegrated. Pray that you will not stop and get discouraged especially in areas were the Lord has clearly spoken into your life concerning any matter and it seems to have gone very quiet. There are seasons of silence. Pray for a deeper understanding of the place of various silences in your life, worship and in the church of Christ.(Lam 3:26-33, Rev 8:1)
- This is the 7th month of the Gregorian calendar. This is the number of perfection or completeness. Pray that in the midst of chaos or confusion, you will see the perfection of God’s purpose and plan for your life. Pray this for the church and every sphere of the nation (Jer 29:11)
- Pray for times of refreshing in the midst of any stressful situation. Pray that you will operate in Sabbath rest in every area of your life. Pray this for the church and the nation. (Psa 62:1-2, Psa 91, Psa 3:5)
- Is this the month of your birth? Praise God for choosing to manifest you into creation at such a time as this (Psa 139).
- Thank Him for allowing you to celebrate another anniversary. Declare that this special time which is a new year to you, will indeed bring with it the fulfillment of every God ordained purpose in your life.
- Bless this month of your birth and specifically the birth date. Speak into the womb of time and declare Psa 139, Isa 49 and Psa 60-61. Prophesy the goodness of God’s purposes according to Jer 1:4-10 and 29:11. If possible take a thanksgiving fast thanking God for His purposes for your life.
This is the beginning of the second half of the Gregorian calendar year. Reflect on the past 6 months. Did you make resolutions on the New Year’s day? How far have you followed through your resolutions? How well have you done? Poorly, medium or well?
- Bring your position before the Lord. If you have done well, can you say that was the best God expected of you?
- If you did averagely, in what areas can you seek the Lord for improvement?
- If you have done poorly, where do you need to repent and return to maximize your potential so that you make up for lost time, and achieve the purposes the Lord has for you this year?
- Has it been a very intense season for you? Thank God that he has brought you this far. You have reached half way. Ask the Lord for the ability to see yourself through to the end of the year according to his purposes and plans. Pray that you will not give up in any way.
PRAYING FOR NATIONS
Israel (Psa 122)
- Thank God for the nation of Israel. Pray for the continuing protection of that nation from the onslaught of attack and animosity from various nations around the world.
- Pray for the salvation of the Jewish people all around the world. Pray that as many as have had to be cut off so that you can be grafted in, shall experience the Lord and not perish but come to His saving knowledge.
- Pray that your nation will be part of those sheep nations which will stand with Israel rather than cut off relations with them.
- Ask the Lord, in what areas would He have you as an individual, and the church in your nation or your own individual fellowship to practically partner with Israel in these days. How can you be an ambassador for this nation that has been demonized by the media in many ways? Pray and seek the Lord for ways in which you can help. He may direct you to help by visiting their embassies to find out how you can be a friend of Israel. Take time on a daily basis to pray for the nation and its people all over the world.
The following nations experience national days in this month
- British Virgin Islands 1 July
- Burundi 1 July 1960 (independence from Belgium)
- Rwanda 1 July 1960 (Independence from Belgium)
- Canada 1 July (Canada Day, Canada a confederation of four provinces in 1867)
- Hong Kong 1 July (Transfer of sovereignty to the PRC in 1997)
- Cayman Islands 1st week in July
- Belarus 3 July (Liberation of Minsk from German occupation by Soviet troops in 1944)
- Isle of Man (usually) 5 July (Tynwald Day, Tynwald (parliament) annual meeting)
- United States 4 July (Independence Day, declaration of independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain in 1776)
- Venezuela 5 July (Declaration of independence from Spain in 1811)
- Comoros 6 July (Independence from France in 1975)
- Malawi 6 July (Independence from the United Kingdom in 1964)
- Solomon Islands 7 July (Independence from United Kingdom in 1978)
- Argentina 9 July (Declaration of Independence, from Spain in 1816)
- Palau 9 July (Constitution Day, the world’s first nuclear-free constitution 1981
- (“nuclear-free” dropped in 1994 in order to become an associated state to the
- United States (Compact of Free Association)))
- Bahamas 10 July (Independence from the United Kingdom in 1973)
- Mongolia 11 July (Declaration of independence from China in 1921)
- Kiribati 12 July (Independence from the United Kingdom in 1979)
- São Tomé and Príncipe 12 July (Independence from Portugal in 1975)
- Northern Ireland 12 July (Battle of the Boyne Day)
- Montenegro 13 July (recognized as independent at the Congress of Berlin 1878)
- New Caledonia (France) 14 July (Bastille Day)
- France 14 July (Bastille Day)
- Martinique (France) 14 July (Bastille Day)
- Martinique (France) 14 July (Bastille Day)
- Réunion (France) 14 July Bastille Day
- Mayotte (France) 14 July (Bastille Day)
- St Pierre and Miquelon (France) 14 July (Bastille Day)
- French Guyana (France) 14 July (Bastille Day)
- French Polynesia (France) 14 July (Bastille Day)
- Colombia 20 July (Independence from Spain in 1810)
- Belgium 21 July (Proclaimed independence from the Netherlands: Leopold of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld takes the oath as first king of the Belgians in 1831)
- Guam (US) 21 July (Liberation Day, Americans landing on Guam 1944, the
- beginning of the Battle_of Guam_(1944))
- Curacao (Netherlands) 2 July
- Egypt 23 July (The revolution of 1952), 6 October (Arab-Israeli War 1973)
- Puerto Rico (US) 25 July (Constitution Day, establishment of Commonwealth of
- Puerto Rico 1952)
- Liberia 26 July (Proclamation of the Republic: independence from the United States in 1847)
- Peru 28 July (Declaration of independence from Spain in 1821)
- Faroe Islands (Denmark) 29 July (Ólavsøka (Saint Olaf‘s death at the Battle of
- Vanuatu 30 July (Independence from United Kingdom and France in 1980)
Using Acts 17:26-28, pray into the womb of time for the above nations. Many of them celebrate their independence or other significant national days during this month.
- Thank God that He is the one who determined that each of these nations would be formed at such a time as this.
- Thank God that He allowed the boundaries of each nation to fall where they are at an exact time in this month during a particular year for the purpose of redeeming each of these nations and causing men to seek Him and find Him.
- Pray for the church in each of these nations, that she will realize her role as God’s representative with the key role of discipling the nations to turn to God, and to fully realize the redemptive gift and purpose for each of these nations.
- Pray that God will raise apostolic and prophetic leaders in every sphere of society who will shape and direct the affairs of the nation for the purpose of God.
- Pray that the shalom of God, the favor of God will rest upon the inhabitants of each of these nations as they mark a jubilee milestone on their nations’ birthdays.
- Take at least 5 minutes to pray for each of these nations on a daily basis each day. Pray for salvation to take place among those who do not know Jesus Christ as their Lord during this 5th month of grace.
- As you pray for Nigeria, read Isaiah 54:4-6: This is a jubilee year for Nigeria and God has shown Himself faithful in giving favor and grace to the nation in this period. Thank God that the nation has had a peaceful leadership transition after the death of President Umaru.
- Thank God for the new president who has been ushered into leadership in this jubilee year. Pray that he will truly be a jubilee man and a jubilee leader. Pray that the Lord will find in him and he leadership around him, true sons who will steward the Lord’s estate of Nigeria to its proper destiny. Pray that he will manifest and seek to enforce every jubilee characteristic in the nation of Nigeria including the repentance, returning of inheritance where it ought to happen, restitution of that which had been taken from the nation, reconciliation in areas of conflict, restoration of lost relationships, rebuilding of broken down infrastructure etc…(Isa 49:20-21),
- Pray that every ground that has been lost in Nigeria because of poor governance both in church and in the civil society, will be recovered trough the leadership. Pray that Nigeria will take her rightful position in the continent and in the nations of the world. Pray that through the leadership the redemptive gifting of the nation will shine forth to the glory of God (1 Sam 30:8, Joel 2:25)
- It is indeed a year of God’s favor for Nigeria. Not too long ago Nigeria was put on the terrorist watch list after a failed bombing attempt by one of her nationals on a US commercial aircraft. Nigeria also faced a lot of immigration challenges in various nations due to the conduct of a few nationals involved in drug trafficking and other misdeeds. However, in recent times, the nation has received favor in her relations with other nations. In May, Nigeria signed a blood brotherhood pact with the USA. The US-Nigeria Bi-national Commission agreement will foster bi-lateral relations between the two nations. This is a turn around from the place of disfavor the nation faced with USA and other nations. Also the nation has received a lightening of stringent immigration rules against her in various other nations in Africa. Thank God for the manifestation of these jubilee blessings upon the nation.
Read Isaiah 61 as you pray for the continent of Africa at large. The continent of Africa is also in its jubilee season. Various nations are showing marked progress in the area of national economy. The arm of the World Bank which plots the ease of doing business all over the world, reports that economic reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa have improved the business climate. Nations like Mauritius and Rwanda were ranked among the top countries where it is easy to do business. They report looked at areas such as ease in obtaining credit, paying of taxes, enforcing contracts, investment, employment rules and efficient and good cross border trade policies.
- Thank God for indeed, in these coming few years He is turning the face of the continent around from the place of being last and least, in economic reforms.
- Various nations in Africa are facing an election year between this year and next year. In this jubilee season, pray for Jubilee leaders to arise who will guide their nations into a season of new beginnings.
- Ghana commercial banks have the highest interest rates in Africa and the government has the highest taxation rates, second only to Brazil in the world. The cost of borrowing is so high it makes it very difficult for business people both locally and foreign. While the nation has good investment potential, these stifling economic factors create a very difficult investment environment among the local and foreign investors. Pray that such a situation both in Ghana and other nations with similar challenges, will cause the Church of Christ to create an alternative kingdom banking system which will draw people who will not only bring investment into the nation but improve the local business climate.
- Pray about the mentality that thinks investors should be foreigners only. Pray that again, the church will become the creator of banking systems that will encourage local investors to participate in the big investment ventures. Many times the investment initiatives are given only to foreign investors and not to local ones.
Read Job 5:10, 36:27-37:1,38:25-30, Ps 104:19, Psa 136:8
- This month pray concerning the water, wind and sun as resources which are not being effectively harnessed in most nations. In Africa there is plenty of water which goes to waste. Ask the Lord to forgive us in areas where we have not been good stewards of water in all its forms.
- Since independence, most nations have not thought to diversify their use of these natural resources except that which was left behind. For instance, most nations depended on hydro-electricity from water falls. This has been the only method used to generate power whereas there is the sun which can produce solar power and wind technology for windmills and geothermal technology. These have not been fully explored and used yet there is abundance of raw material which can be used to supplement the power requirements. Ask the Lord to forgive us and help us as people in the various nations, to begin exploring these technologies.
- Pray that in this season of grace, the Lord will visit as many as He has chosen and anoint them as He did Bazalel and Oholiab in the area of creative technology to harness and steward the water, wind and solar potentials to their maximum use for the nations to enjoy. For example, a creative eco-friendly water harvesting technique has been developed in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. Abundant moisture from the foggy mountain area is being harvested to provide water for the communities around the mountain.
- Pray for the agriculture industry in various nations especially in Africa. Agriculture is the way to go in this season. There is increasingly, a need for agricultural practices that reflect the pattern of God. The first thing that God gave man was land to till and harness its potential. Many have migrated to urban areas looking for a “better life” and abandoned the farmlands in various nations. Pray for the church of Christ in the nations to be on the forefront in training people in the best agricultural practices.
- Pray that those who the Lord has given the grace for farming will be stirred to return to the land, equipped with the necessary technology to maximize the potential of the land.
PRAYING INTO THE HEAVENS
Jul 4 14:35 UT Last quarter of the moon, Jul 11 19:40 New moon Total eclipse of the Sun; Jul 18 10:11 First quarter; Jul 26 01:37 Full moon; Aug 3 04:59 last quarter
Crescents and Quarter Moons (Sickles & Bows respectively)
This is a period when the occult increase their enchantments, strength and fortification.
- Pray that the Lord will be a stronghold (i.e. fortress, rock & strength) to His people, especially in times of the crescent and quarter moons. (Nah 1:7)
- Pray that the weapon of enchantments against the righteous shall not prosper. (Is 54:17)
- The occult use the crescent moon to reap the gains of the righteous who are ignorant. Ignorance is not an excuse for lack of knowledge (1 Cor 14:38). Pray that those who are ignorant in the body of Christ will be motivated by God to cry out for the knowledge of God (Prov 2:3-6)
The last quarter moon of the 6th month is on the 4th of July 2010 @ 14:35 UT the First quarter moon is on 18th Jul @10:11UT while the last quarter of the 7th month is on the 3rd of August 2010 @ 04:59 UT.
The occult uses the quarter moons as an occasion for shooting arrows. Pray that God will teach your hands to war and your fingers to do battle so you can break the steel bows of the witches, wizards, sorcerers, necromancers, diviners, monthly prognosticators, astrologers, traffickers of familiar spirits and the queen of heaven (Ps 18:34; Ps 144:1)
The full moon is on the 26th of July 2010 @ 01:37 UT.
Sons and daughters of Belial in the occult cherish the occasions of the full moon for the intensification of their demonic activities.
- As the rightful administrators of the earth, pray that sons and daughters of the Most High God globally will become wiser and also take advantage of the occasions of the full moon, to cloth the earth with their declarations of God’s purpose and intent for creation including the moon. (Lk16:8b ; Job 38:14)
The New Moon that ushers in the 7th lunar season is on the 11th of July 2010 @ 19:40 UT. It will be a Total Solar Eclipse.
- Speak to the heavens to declare the glory of God in this new month. (Psa 148)
- Pray that during the eclipse, every part of creation will praise God and reject every other form of instruction that is contrary to His purposes. (Psa 19:1-2)
- During the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, the sun was darkened for a space of 6 hours symbolizing a contention with and judgment of every form of the occult. Pray that during the total solar eclipse, there will be a judgment of occult practitioners in the church of Christ all over the world. Pray that those who ignorantly dabble in various occult groups will receive an illumination of God’s truth with regard to their practices. Those who reject change will be judged.
- Pray for the judgment of the occult hold over governments in the nations during the solar eclipse.
- Pray that indeed, the new moon will usher in a new season in this month. May it be a new moon of grace, favor and peace.
In this month, the sun passes through a cluster of 95 stars in the constellation called Leo symbolized by the Lion and represents JESUS AS THE LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH (the Messiah’s consummated triumph). This is the 12th gate through which the sun passes every yearly cycle. Its passing through the cluster of Leo brings the story of Christ in the heavens to full circle – completion.
- Pray that the hand of the Lion of the tribe of Judah, symbolized as King of kings and Lord of lords, will rule the nations with an iron rod in this season, until each nation comes to kiss His feet and acknowledge Him as God – the possessor of heaven and earth (Psa 2, Gen 49:8-9)
- The heaven’s in this season declare the glory of the Lord Jesus as the Lion of the tribe of Judah. It is a season to lift up praise to this great King. No matter your challenged, let this be a season to make His praise glorious in all things. Proclaim Psa 91-100, Rev 4 and 5 (Heb 13:15)
The three smaller groups of stars called decans that make up the constellation called Leo describe the details of Christ’s complete triumph over the enemy.
Hydra (the serpent) represents the old serpent destroyed; crater (the cup) represents the cup of divine wrath poured out upon him.
- Rejoice with thanksgiving that the God of Peace ordained that the seed of the woman shall crash the serpent’s head – or the head of the kingdom of darkness, thus rendering its entire system powerless. Jesus Christ the Lion of the tribe of Judah fulfilled this prophecy fully by His work on the cross. Rejoice in Him (Gen 3:15)
- Rejoice that all the wicked who refuse to bow to this King and kiss His feet in submission, shall be justly judged as they wring out and drink the dregs of the cup of God’s wrath. (Rev 18:20; 1 Thess. 5:18;Ps 75:8;Rev 16:19 )
Corvus (the raven) represents the birds of prey devouring the serpent.
- Declare this judgement written, which God has destined to be the portion of Satan and all his surrogate spirits – Eze 39:4; Rev 19:21
THE PROPHECIES FOR 2010
Please acquire a copy of the 2010 prophecies to enable you keep the promises of God in focus and pray them into manifestation. Acquire them from the Media desk at LogosRhema or download them from www.gapnetwork.org. Proclaim over the earth that Jesus is the Lion of the tribe of those who PRAISE HIM CONTINUALLY now and forever more. (Rev 5:5)
Contact us: +233 21775374(Tel/fax)
Visit our website, www.gapnetwork.org