February was named after the Latin word “Februum” meaning purification. It was so named after the purification ritual “Februa” held on February 15th in the old Roman calendar. February is the second (2nd) month according to the Gregorian calendar and the 6th and 12th months Adar of year 5774 in the ecclesiastical year on the civil/sacred calendar.
However in this calendar 5774 there is a difference because it is a leap year. In leap years there are two Adars making the leap year a 13 month year. The regular Adar is preceded by a 30-day intercalary month named Adar Aleph, Adar Rishon or Adar I (Aleph being the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet and rishon means first). It is then itself called Adar Bet Adar Sheni or Adar II (Bet being the second letter of the Hebrew Alphabet and sheni meaning 2nd). Occasionally instead of Adar I and Adar II, “Adar” and “Ve’Adar” are used (Ve means ‘and’ thus: And Adar).
Adar I and II occur during February–March on the leap year. 5774 is a leap year with the extra month Adar I which will fall from 31st January to 3rd March when Adar II commences. This means that the festival of Purim which normally falls within this month will happen in March 2014 during Adar II. However Purim Katan will fall on 14 Adar I i.e. February 14 2014 (פּוּרִים קָטָן; “minor Purim”), the name given to the 14th and 15th days of the first month of Adar in a leap year, when Purim is celebrated during the second month of Adar.
February is the shortest month of the Gregorian year with 28 and a quarter days. In “ordinary years”, it approximates to 28 days. After every 4 years, the quarter days add up to one full day. On each leap year therefore, February records 29 days. The next leap year will be in 2016.
PRAYING THRU THE MONTH
- Proclaim Psalm 148 over all creation to praise YHVH in this new month.
- Command all creation to reject instruction from any other source except their Creator Himself.
- Declare the Shalom of YHVH at every gate of this new season. The gates of this season will be gates of righteousness and praise and the walls salvation. Wherever the man of peace shall be, the peace of YHVH will rest upon them. Wherever there shall be a man of violence, they shall be judged in this new season (Psalm 118:12, Isa 60:18-20, Rev 4:11)
- Rev 22:2, this is the 2nd, 6th and 12th months of the year. Pray that you and the Body of Yeshua globally will receive the fruit of the tree of life for the 2nd, 6th and 12th month for your spiritual nourishment.
- Pray that the leaves for the healing of your family, ethnic group, nation and the Body of Yeshua assigned for the 2nd, 6th and 12th months will be released for your bodies, souls and spirits.
- Pray that as the healing of individuals and groups occurs, there shall be a level of healing released into the land.
- YHVH brought the creatures He created to Adam to see whatever he would call them, and whatsoever Adam called them, is the name still in use today (Gen 2:19-20). You have the power to call forth a situation and it shall be as you have spoken. Ask YHVH to put His words in your mouth a guard over your mouth so that you will have only a confession that brings life in every situation (Isa 51.16 Ps. 141:3-4)
- What specific, tangible, measurable thing do you want to see added (or removed) from your life to help you fulfill your YHVH-ordained purposes for this month? What bothersome immediate need do you have that you want to see answered in this month of February? Keep commanding those needs to manifest and believe that it shall be as you have spoken until you see your answers. Luke 18:1,7-8, Mark 11:22-26
- This season there are so many needs especially financially, for work, as the new year really begins to take off. Are there some areas of financial need? Are there some resources that you want released? Rather than asking YHVH to provide your need change how you ask. Look at the amount that you need and then ask Him to give you enough tithe equivalent to give to Him for this month. If you are asking Him to release to you what you will give as tithe, He is faithful to provide enough for you from whichever source it pleases Him to give you, so that you can have enough left to give back to Him. if it is resources, ask Him to give you enough to bless someone else who is in need and watch Him give you enough for your need and more to give others.
- Read Deuteronomy 26:1-15 As you release your offerings during this season, make it a time to worship YHVH. Pray over your offering; speak over it and bless yourself, remind YHVH how far He has brought you and rejoice before Him; before you can take it to the fellowship meeting, or before you give it to the person or cause you want to bless.
- Is it the month of your birth? Pray that the virtues of the 2nd 6th and 12th month will be manifested in your life.
- Pray that the foundations of your life, will reflect those of YHVH’s original pattern as you enter another year of life. Pray that on your birthday, YHVH will begin or continue the process of taking you back, in your health, body, your spirit man to His original patterns.
- Pray that the day of your birth is a day of blessing and joy. YHVH will fulfill His purpose over your life and the years the cankerworm has eaten will be restored to you in any areas you were wasted (Joel 2:25)
- Pray that YHVH will light your candle (Psa 18:28) and bring life and revival in the work of your hands, your spirit soul and body
- Declare Deuteronomy 33:25 over every day of your new year; as each day comes, YHVH will give you the strength apportioned for it throughout this new year of your life.’