PRAYING THROUGH THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER 2011
September is a crucial and significant month for many people in many cultures for varied reasons. The word September is derived from the Latin word ‘Septem’ meaning seven (7).
For the Jews, it is the seventh (7TH) month of their sacred calendar, but the first (1st) month of their civil calendar. They called it ETHANIM (TISHRI) and marked the occasion with special festivals or feasts.
God appointed 7 feasts for Israel in the Old Testament (Lev 23). The last 3 are in the fall (autumn) in the month of Tishri when their civil year begins. These feasts are: Feast of Trumpets, The Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur) and the feast of Tabernacles (Booths, ingathering) (Neh 8:14; Exo 34:22)
The Jewish New Year (called Rosh Ha’ Shana in Hebrew) along with the Feast of Trumpets begins on the 1st of Tishri at New Moon.
Monthly, the Israelites offered God praise, worship and normal burnt offerings. The 7th month was special because it marked the beginning of a new cycle of life. On the first day of the month, they celebrated the feast of trumpets marked by the blowing of trumpets. In addition to it being the New Year’s Day, the people rejoiced for God’s blessing throughout the just ended year and asked for His blessing in the coming New Year. In Israel, it is the time for ploughing and sowing.
The 10th day of this month marked the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur) in which repentance is made to God for their sins and transgressions in addition to petitions for God’s forgiveness. They hold a sacred assembly in which offerings are presented to the Lord by fire (Lev 23:27-32).
On the 15th day of this month the feast of Tabernacles is celebrated.
Following the Gregorian calendar, September is the ninth (9th) month. In other cultures, it is the season for the celebration of festivals and the renewal of covenants with their deities; thus fortifying their altars as power bases. This is marked by offerings and sacrifices to the gods, drumming and dancing, sacred assemblies, resolutions and attempts at development of communities. It is a season of religious processions, music, dancing and theatrical exhibitions; a time of organisation of sporting activities, relaxation, joy, etc. Even the dead and idle were not forgotten.
Praying into the seventh sacred month
- Receive the seventh sacred month with a clap offering and shouts unto God with the voice of triumph because it is a Sabbath month of rest, it is a sacred and a holy month unto the Lord. ( Pray through Ps 47)
- Declare into all creation that the seventh sacred month is the possession of He who is the possessor of the heavens and of the earth. (Gen 14:19, 22)
- Because the month is the possession of the possessor of the heavens and the earth, remind every moment of the month to give glory to the Lord by fulfilling His pleasure. (Rev 4:11)
- Cornelius’ fasting and prayer opened a door of encounter with the Lord for him. Make this month a month of encounter with the Lord by fasting and praying for God’s divine pattern for your life and family and carefully crosschecking weather your life and family are on course with God. Pray for the ekklesia on earth, that each will enter into their place of rest in God. (Acts 10:30; Dan 9:3-4; Joe 2:12; Heb 3:7 – 4:10)
- What special occasion does the seventh sacred month hold for you? Is it your month of birth? Do you remember the birthday of a brother, friend, spouse, colleague etc? Is it a month you remember an anniversary, a business, or the occurrence of something special you need to thank God for etc? Whatever it is, present it to the Lord and ask the Lord to be gracious unto you and let His mercies rest perpetually on what you have presented to Him. (Ex 33:19; Num 6:25)
- The nations on earth must find their expressions in God in this Sabbath month of rest. Command the nations to praise the Lord this month by proclaiming Ps 117 into the heavens and earth. In addition, pray that Isa 61:11 will become a reality for all nations.
- Do not forget that God established the principle of rest because He knew man must rest. Many work throughout the year without any rest, this is in disobedience to God. Make it mandatory to rest before the Lord this month and pray that God’s people on earth will understand and operate in rest irrespective of their busy schedules. (Gen 2:1-3)
Prayer Points on the Biblical implications of the numbers 1, 7, and 9
The number 1 denotes primacy. It also denotes unity (unison). It is a number that marks the beginning. “In the beginning God…” (Gen1:1) It symbolizes the foundation of any activity or event. Focus on primacy.
God is the most important being in creation; He holds the position of primacy because He created and owns everything – Gen 1:1; Ps 24:1-2; Amo 4:13; 5:8; Zec 12:1 etc He made man to have dominion over the works of His hands and has put all things under his feet (Ps 8:4-8). The heaven, even the heavens belong to the LORD but the earth He has given to the children of men. (Ps 115:16) Because of this, God’s concerns on earth are worked through man, not just any man, but through His ekklesia who officially represent Him on earth.
- As God’s official representative on the earth, what do you know about God’s concerns on earth? Are you aware that His concerns are primary and must occupy the focus of His people? God’s priority right now is to find the expression of the kingdom lifestyle in His people. They are people who live the kingdom lifestyle with passion in order for the world to emulate; and to see whole nations turn to righteousness. You are a member of the royal priesthood so involve yourself in times of fasting and prayer asking God to turn the hearts of His people everywhere to desire and follow the kingdom lifestyle passionately. Ask God to give you the nations for your inheritance as you draw them to God in the spirit by prayer, and release them from unseen bondage. (1 Pet 2:9; Prov 21:1; Mat 19:26; Mar 10:27)
- Talk to people about Christ as often as the opportunity presents itself because he who wins souls is wisely fulfilling God’s concern on earth. (Prov 11:30b)
The number 7 represents perfection, maturity, fullness and completeness.
The seventh month is a Sabbath month of rest, blessed and holy unto the Lord, based on the principle God established from the very beginning in Gen 2:1-3
- Join the Jews round the world in proclaiming Psalm 136 alone; it is sung at Pesach and during Sukkot and recited every
In recent times, the voice of the Spirit of God has consistently spoken about all creation waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God (Rom 8:19). Truly, God Himself is waiting.
In the sixth sacred month of August 2011, under divine government, we said every part of the earth must be governed by God through man but for that purpose, man must first of all be in a totally submitted relationship with God so God can build him up to the place and position of responsibility where God can faithfully govern the earth through him. (Isa 9:6). Maturity is sonship. What exactly is the process to attaining sonship or what does it mean to become and be called a son?
The life of Joseph in the Bible teaches God’s people about the process of attaining sonship.
- Gen 30:22-24 records when Joseph was born.
- Gen 37:2 begins to unfold the details of Joseph’s life beginning from age seventeen.
- His father loved him more than all his brothers so the brothers hated him (Gen 37:4)
- God started something with Joseph by giving him dreams which caused his brothers to hate him more (Gen 37:5-11)
- Joseph’s father sent him out to find out the welfare of his brothers who went to feed their father’s flock, giving the brothers the opportunity they had been looking for, to demonstrate their hatred for him. (Gen 37:12-14)
- His brothers eventually sold him to Ishmaelites who were on their way to Egypt (Gen 37:27-28)
- In Egypt, Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him from the hands of the Ismaelites (Gen 39:1)
- Note that the LORD was with Joseph so he prospered as he faithfully served his Egyptian master to such an extent that the LORD blessed all that the Egyptian had both in the house and in the field because of Joseph (Gen 39:2-5)
- Potiphar trusted Joseph his slave absolutely, because, Joseph had proved himself to be trustworthy in managing the people in Potiphar’s house, the provisions for the house and fields, and accountability for everything, so much so that Potiphar left all he had in Joseph’s hands and knew nothing about them anymore except what was set before him to eat. (Gen 39:6)
- Potiphar’s wife tried to lure Joseph into bed with her, but he saw and understood that would be a great wickedness and sin against God so Joseph fled (Gen 39:7-12)
- Potiphar’s wife lied to the men of her house and to her husband about Joseph, making them believe that Joseph attempted to go to bed with her; she used Joseph’s garment that she had in her possession as evidence which resulted in Potiphar throwing Joseph into prison (Gen 39:13-20)
- Again in the prison, the LORD was with Joseph and showed him mercy and gave him favour in the sight of the keeper of the prison so he committed into Joseph’s hand all the prisoners in the prison; he paid no attention to anything that was in Joseph’s care because the LORD was with him, and made whatever he did to prosper (Gen 39:21-23)
- In the prison, God created a powerful link to the throne He wanted Joseph to occupy, by giving Pharoah’s two servants dreams that needed interpretation and by giving the interpretation to Joseph (Gen 40)
- At the appointed time, on the throne of Egypt, God gave Pharoah a dream which troubled his spirit and needed interpretation. God gave the interpretation to Joseph and in so doing He presented the throne for Joseph to sit on and rule till his death. (Gen 41)
- Joseph is reconciled to his father and brothers and forgives them. God births and raises the nation Israel in the womb of Egypt according to His determinate counsel (Gen 42-50)
Look critically at the life of Joseph:
He had to pass the test of anger, resentment and bitterness against his brothers for selling him, bitterness against Potiphar’s wife for lying against him and bitterness against the king’s cup bearer who forgot about him in the prison when he was released back to his post as cup bearer to pharaoh.
He had to pass the test of management of people, those in Potiphar’s house and in the fields and the prisoners in his care in prison.
He had to pass the test of integrity and accountability in Potiphar’s house and in the prison.
He had to pass the test of immorality in Potiphar’s house
In all the situations, the Lord never left Joseph
- Take time to carefully read through Gen 30 – 50 for a detailed insight into Joseph’s life beginning from his birth to his death.
- God created all the various situations and circumstances that tried Joseph in order that he would mature. (Ps 105:19)
Dear reader, are you a member of the ekklesia? You may have found out that, in your day to day obedience to God, some family members, friends, colleagues, acquaintances have deeply wronged you. This may have caused you to present your pain, feelings of shame, disgrace, betrayal to God for comfort and healing. You may have even prayed to God to forgive them because they did not know what they were doing. They meant it for evil but God allowed them because it is all about the process to attaining sonship.
- Forgive them, pray and release them from your heart. (Mar 11:25-26; Gen 50:15-21)
- Read and meditate on the following scriptures: Mat 10:22; Jas 1:12; 1 Pet 1:3-7
- Analyze all the situations and circumstances you have been faced with in your Christian life up till now, have you been leaning on your own understanding which has led to aborting the divine process to attaining sonship? If that has been your story, it is time to deeply repent and totally surrender all areas of your life to God. (Prov 3:5-6 ; Jas 4:7)
- The word of God must surely try you to God’s satisfaction before He will pronounce you His son and place the government upon your shoulder to manifest His glory and give you for a covenant to the nations exactly as He did with Joseph. Accept this and pray it into your life because it is the only way to attain sonship. (Ps 105:19; Ps 2:7; Isa 9:6; 22:20-25; 42:6; 49:8)
- Pray that the ekklesia will understand the importance of attaining sonship and will willingly submit to the ways of God for their individual lives. In this way God will reap a harvest of sons to have dominion over the works of His hands on earth. (Prov 4:7b; Isa 1:19; Ps 8:4-6)
The number 9 is the number of finality or judgment, the judgment of man and all his works. It is also the number of “birthing”. Nine is an important numeric symbol to many occult groups especially among Masonic orders and secret societies. It is considered the number of “the earth under evil influences” in the Masonic orders.
There is none to guide the nations into their divine destinies nor are there sons to man the eight gates of society because some of the sons that the ekklesia has produced are not sons at all. They are immature in their approach and handling of everything God has given to them to do. It is time for the ekklesia to birth sons who will take their nations by the hand to their God ordained destinies all round the world.
- Pray that the ekklesia will soon produce seasoned sons for the Lord’s use as more offer themselves in submission to the Lord to work in them both to will and to do of His good pleasure.( Is 51:18; Isa 1:19)
Seventh sacred month (September) celebrations
The observation of the FEASTS OF THE LORD is God’s commandment to Israel.
They were a shadow of God’s redemptive work through His Son Jesus Christ and demonstrated how Christ will pay the price for man’s sins. Christ fully fulfilled them (Mat 5:17-18). The first four spring feasts have to do with the redemptive work of Jesus Christ through His death, burial, resurrection and the coming of the Holy Spirit; the last three autumnal feasts have to do more with future events.
The Feast of Trumpets:
The feast of trumpets was celebrated on the 1st day of Tishri (28-30th September 2011) and was marked by the blowing of trumpets (Ram’s horn or shofar) in obedience to Lev 23:23-24, it is a Sabbath month of rest- Lev 23:25, in addition, it is the New Year’s Day (Rosh Ha’ Shana in Hebrew).
The people rejoiced for God’s blessing throughout the just concluded year and asked for His blessing in the coming New Year.
- New Moon is God’s ordained time for this feast; blast the shofar or blow the trumpets with shouts of joy and with great rejoicing in God. Pray that God will be mighty amongst His people and rejoice over them with joy and singing (Ps 81:3-4; 2 Ch 5:12-13; Ps 95:1-3; Zep 3:17)
- Proclaim Ps 89:15-18
- The Lord will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the reverberation of the trumpet of God. Will you be one of those who will rise up from the dead and meet him if you were dead then? Or will you be among those who will be caught up in the clouds to meet Him in the air if you were alive then? Your present day to day life in absolute obedience to Him will determine this. Are you ready? Ponder over this, correct your life if it needs to be and corrected and pray that all members of the ekklesia will do the same. (1 Th 4:13 -17)
The Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur):
Celebrated the 10th day of Tishri (7 – 8th Oct 2011) (Lev 23:27, 29, 32)
The Day of Atonement symbolized the total removal of sin, both in terms of those who trusted the Lord and those who did not. Jesus Christ was the fulfillment and ultimate atonement for humanity (Heb 9:11-14)
The atoning blood of Christ is the only blood that will redeem all who have not yet believed, even the remnant Jews that are yet to be saved. It is his blood that atones for any sin ever committed on earth.
- Sanctify a fast unto the Lord and pray for yourself and for all believers on earth. In addition, plead with the Lord for individuals, families and nations that are out of the will of God, asking that the blood of Christ will be the propitiation for every area where they missed the mark of God’s righteous standards. Thank God for His forgiveness, mercy and restoration. (Joe 1:14; Rom 3:23-25; 1 Joh 1:7- 10; 2:1-2; 4:10)
The Feast of Tabernacles:
(Sukkot, Booths, ingathering) (Neh 8:14; Exo 34:22)
Celebrated on the 15th day of Tishri for seven days (From 13th October 2011)
It is the Lord’s Feast of Thanksgiving commemorating His love and care for Israel in the desert on their way to the Promised Land.
- Read Rev 21 loudly to your hearing and meditate on it.
- Pray that the tabernacle of God that is with men will be a reality in your life and in the lives of God’s people. (Rev 21:3)
- “… The upright shall dwell in thy presence”. Cultivate the habit of creating an atmosphere of praise and worship in your homes, offices, vehicles, etc because that draws the presence of God. Sing spiritual songs unto the Lord; fill your homes with gospel music. Take delight in reading out the word. Pray that members of the ekklesia will cultivate this lifestyle. (Ps 140:13)
Many traditional ceremonies take place this month they include demonic festivals, renewal of covenants with deities other than the most High God, fortification of altars, sacred assemblies, etc all channels of worship to strange gods.
The culture of the kingdom of God is Love for the King and the kingdom. This fact must be entrenched in various cultures of people especially in Africa.
- Ask the Lord in prayer, how this can be achieved. (Mat 7:7a; Lk 11:9a)
- Seek the interest of the people involved in such offensive cultures by using anything the Lord points out to you about their cultures that could be used to educate them about the kingdom of God. (Mat 7:7b; Lk 11:9b)
- If possible, freely organize forums of discussions where people will freely air their views, beliefs, understanding etc of their cultural practices, use the occasion to present the kingdom of God to them and teach them (Mat 28:19-20)
Praying for the nations
Jewish civil issues:
Israel and the Islamist group Hamas, which controls the Gaza Strip, agreed to a ceasefire after five days of cross-border violence.
The groups had “reached an understanding on a truce and that truce started.”
Israeli security cabinet decided that, the military would cease its strikes in the Gaza Strip if militants there halted attacks on Israel. Despite the unofficial truce meant to defuse days of escalating violence, Palestinian militants in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip fired rockets and mortars into southern Israel. This triggered off a deadly round of Israeli airstrikes and rocket fire from Gaza that left 15 Palestinian gunmen and nine Israelis dead.
The sudden flare-up in violence also caused new friction in relations between Israel and Egypt, after Egypt accused Israel of killing five of its security forces while pursuing militants responsible for the frontier ambush. Under pressure from popular anti-Israel sentiment, the Egyptian government at one point threatened to recall its ambassador to Israel. Israel apologized and Egypt recanted.
God has once again spoken concerning Israel, in which He said Israel is going to face many sudden troubles, not just from its surrounding neighbours, but also in the lands where He has driven them. This is meant to compel them to return to the land He gave their forefathers. This implies that, more trouble will loom up between the Palestinians and Israel.
During the month of September from the 13-26 the 65th United Nations General Assembly will gather in New York. On the agenda this year is the question of the creation of a Palestinian state. Of the 193 nations represented in the UN, 130 of them have endorsed the creation of a Palestinian state. The implications of such an act would be far reaching both spiritually and geo-politically.
- Proclaim Acts 17:26-27 concerning the UN agenda.
- Pray for the President of the UN general assembly, H.E. Joseph Deisss that he would exercise uncommon authority, grace and wisdom that is from God to run the meetings in a way that would glorify God and His purposes in the nations.
- The UN will gather to decide on the division of Jerusalem with the plan being to make East Jerusalem the capital city of the new Palestinian state. Pray through Proverbs 19:21.
- Pray that the LORD will have mercy on the people of the land.
- Pray that the LORD will raise wise leaders at different levels of society to find a solution concerning the issues of the Palestinian people and their occupation in the land in this season.
- Ask the Lord for understanding and direction as to how to pray for the nations and those who will suffer because of what they are doing to pressure Israel to divide the land. The leaders of the nations are ignorant of the Biblical promises made to Israel. (Gen 12:1-3, Gen 20, Psalm 105:12-15, Joel 3:1-2, Micah 2:1-5).
- Proclaim Psalm 87 ad Psalm 122 over Israel and Jerusalem in this season. Pray that as the nation enters year 5772, a new year on 29th September that the LORD will bring them into a new season and many more Jewish people will turn to Messiah.
- Proclaim the following scriptures into the heavens and the earth, Jer 12:15; 30:1-4, 10-11; 33:10-11; 46:27 and in addition declare that, this is the season for the fulfilment of the promise of God to Israel so call Israel back home to their land.
- Pray Ps 25:22 for Israel.
Various other nations have festivals falling on different days of the month. These nations launch different festivals and ceremonies to mark these days. As whole nations are focused on their specific national days, pray that God will move among the people:
- Libya 1 September (Coup d’état of 1969)
- Uzbekistan 1 September (Declaration of independence from the USSR in 1991)
- Slovakia 1 September ( Independence from Czechoslovakia in 1993)
- Vietnam 2 September (Declaration of independence from France and Japan in 1945)
- Transnistria 2 September (Declaration of independence from the Moldova in 1990)
- San Marino 3 September (Independence from the Roman Empire in 301 (traditional date))
- Swaziland 6 September (Independence from the United Kingdom in 1968)
- Andorra 8 September (Our Lady of Meritxell Day, patron saint of Andorra)
- North Korea 8 September (declaration of a democratic people’s republic in 1948)
- Macedonia 8 September declaration of independence from Yugoslavia in 1991)
- Tajikistan 9 September (Declaration of independence from the Soviet Union in 1991)
- Belize 10 September, 21 September (Independence from the United Kingdom in 1981)
- Bonaire (Netherlands) 6 September
- Brazil 7 September (Declaration of independence from Portugal in 1822
- Gibraltar 10 September (Gibraltar National Day, people of Gibraltar vote to reject
- Spanish sovereignty or association in 1967)
- Catalonia (Spain) 11 September (The Crown of Aragon loses its nominal independence after the fall of Barcelona in 1714)
- Cape Verde September 12
- Costa Rica 15 September (Independence from Spain in 1821)
- El Salvador 15 September (Proclamation of independence from Spain in 1821)
- Honduras 15 September (Independence from Kingdom of Spain in 1821)
- Guatemala 15 September (Declaration of independence from Spain in 1821)
- Nicaragua 15 September (Independence from Spain in 1821)
- Mexico 16 September ((Grito de Dolores) declaration of independence from Spain in 1810)
- Papua New Guinea 16 September (Independence from Australia in 1975)
- Chile 18 September (date of the first Government Junta in 1810)
- St Kitts and Nevis 19 September (Independence from the United Kingdom in 1983)
- Malta 21 September (Independence Day, independence from the United Kingdom in 1964
- Mali 22 September (Independence from the Mali Federation in 1960)
- Saudi Arabia 23 September (unification of the kingdoms Nejd and Hejaz in 1932)
- Guinea-Bissau 24 September (Declaration of independence from Portugal in 1973
- Botswana 30 September (Independence from the United Kingdom in 1966)
- Prophetically proclaim Isaiah 61 to the ekklesia in each of the above nations.
- Pray that the Lord will strengthen the weak hands and knees of the ekklesia in each nation. One common feature in each of the above nations is that the ekklesia is not very strong. There is a strong occult presence in each of these nations. Pray that the Lord will raise a prophetic ekkesia to deal with all forms of occult in this season.
- For nations that had for a long time rejected the Lord and turned to Atheism and communism like Uzbekistan, Slovakia, Tajikistan, pray for the work of missions in each of these nations. Pray salvation of masses of people. Some of these nations are now heavily Islamized and have turned from one counterfeit to another. Prophesy Isaiah 60 over these nations that indeed the Light of the Son of God will arise upon them in this season of the feasts of the LORD.
- Pray for the nations that have faced long seasons of civil unrest, dictatorial leadership and deep trauma, that Jehovah Rapha the Healer, will move over them in this season as they commemorate various national days. Pray this for Nicaragua, Guatemala, El Salvador, Guinea Bissau, Vietnam, Libya and North Korea.
- Libya has experience unprecedented chaos and violence throughout the year. Pray that for the sake of His remnant in the nation, the LORD will have mercy on Libya and bring peace, install His chosen vessel to rule over the nation and bring order out of chaos. In all of this, pray that many will turn to the LORD in salvation.
- Pray for nations that have turned heavily to Secular humanism because of the relative successes they have enjoyed in areas of economic development. Many of these nations have become centres of immorality and defiance of God and a strong occult presence. Pray that God will in this season do something that will cause the people in these nations to turn their hearts back to Him. Pray for Botswana, Spain, Brazil,. Mexico, Honduras, Swaziland, Libya, Papua New Guinea
- For each nation celebrating an independence day, pray that God will follow this with the independence of His people from the kingdom of darkness into His glorious kingdom of light. Many will have a personal encounter with Him which will lead to their decision for salvation over eternal death. Pray that the people in each of these nations will choose life
This month the following nations are experiencing Elections including:
*Guatemala’s presidential election
* Guatemala’s parliamentary elections
* Norway Local elections on 12th
Zambia’s presidential election on 20th
Latvia’s parliamentary elections
* Bahrain legislative elections
* Saudi Arabia legislative elections
* United Arab Emirates legislative elections
* Tentative date for Madagascar’s elections (presidential and parliamentary; delay possible)
- Pray that Jehovah Shalom will cover these nations during their elections. Pray that the peace that surpasses all understanding shall reign as people go to polling stations and that sanity will reign during the entire process.
- You notice that a number of Middle Eastern Nations have various levels of elections during this coming month. They would not like to be the centre of attention with the spate of demonstrations that has wreaked their stability over the past few months. As a decoy they would have the Palestinian/Israeli conflict drawing attention. Therefore the upcoming UN debate to declare a Palestine a sovereign state would be the perfect diversion for them. Pray that any such ploy will fail woefully as the world turns its attention on free and fair elections throughout the Middle East.
- Pray that the LORD’s appointed leaders will arise in this volatile season. Most of those who are being favored for political office are supported by hard-line fundamentalist Islamic groups. Pray that even so, the LORD Who owns all authority, will ensure that the person who will fulfill His agenda for this season rises to the seat of office. (Hebrews 13:1-5)
- Pray that the body of Christ in the nations will not stop praying once elections are over. Pray that there will be continued and sustained prayers for God’s direction in how to move forward with the new leadership. (1 Timothy 2:1-4)
- Pray that the leaders who are selected in these nations will be people who will set up these territories for a last days move of the LORD – the expected end time revival. (Habbakuk 2:14)
NOTE: Take time at least once a week to mention the following nations in your prayers for elections between October and December:
- October 9, 2011: Poland’s parliamentary elections
October 16, 2011: Mauritania’s parliamentary elections
October 23, 2011: Bulgaria’s presidential election
October 30, 2011: Kyrgyzstan’s presidential election
October 2011: Argentina’s presidential election
October 2011: Cameroon’s presidential election
October 2011: Liberia’s presidential election
October 2011: Liberia’s parliamentary elections
October 2011: Kiribati’s presidential election
October 2011: Ireland’s presidential election
October 2011: Switzerland’s parliamentary elections
October 2011: Oman’s legislative elections
October 2011: Seychelles legislative elections
October 2011: Morocco’s parliamentary elections
October 2011: Tentative timeline for Tunisia’s presidential and parliamentary elections (delayed from July)
October 2011: Tentative timeline for Egypt’s presidential and parliamentary elections (delayed from July)
- 12, 2011: Denmark’s parliamentary elections
Nov. 20, 2011: Spain’s parliamentary elections
Nov. 24, 2011: The Gambia’s presidential election
Nov. 26, 2011: New Zealand’s parliamentary elections
Nov. 26, 2011: New Zealand referendum
Nov. 27/28, 2011: Presidential election in Democratic Rep. of Congo
Nov. 27/28, 2011: Parliamentary elections in Democratic Rep. of Congo
November 2011: Nicaragua’s presidential election
November 2011: Nicaragua’s parliamentary elections
November 2011: Egypt’s presidential elections (tentative)
November 2011: Croatia’s parliamentary elections
November 2011: Marshall Islands’ parliamentary elections
- December 2011: Gabon’s parliamentary elections
December 2011: Cote d’Ivoire parliamentary elections
December 2011: Rwanda’s parliamentary elections
December 2011: Zimbabwe’s parliamentary elections
December 2011: Fiji’s parliamentary elections
December 2011: St. Lucia’s parliamentary elections
December 2011: Russia’s parliamentary elections
December 2011: Tunisia’s presidential election (tentative)
- The LORD prophesied that in these last days there will be natural disasters of great magnitude. Hurricane Irene and a Tornado have wreaked havoc across the Eastern Sea Board and southern USA. Pray for that part of the world that the Body of Christ will demonstrate the love and compassion of Christ as they get an opportunity to reach out to those who have been worst hit.
- Pray that this will be a season when many will search their lives and realize the futility of the temporal physical things amassed, and begin to thirst for the eternal things of the LORD. Pray that many will return to the ancient paths of righteousness which made the USA rise to become a superpower for the past over 100 years. (Jeremiah 6:16a, Matt 6:19-21)
- There has been a spate of violence and arson in UK for the past weeks. This violence will lead to the government making certain legislations which will make it more difficult for immigrants in that nation. Pray especially for Aliyah of Africans in the UK and diasporas in this season when the LORD is drawing people back to the continent to fulfill His purposes in and through them at the right location i.e. in their land of inheritance.
- Pray that the body of Christ will understand the sign of the times we are living in and equip the saints appropriately in the face of such events.
PRAYING GOD’S PATTERNS IN THE HEAVENS
God made the sun, the moon and the stars, and mandated them for signs, for seasons, for days and for years and to give light upon the earth etc. (Gen 1:14-19; Ps 104:19; 136:7-9) all this directly affects man on earth.
- There are four significant phases of the moon that control the seasons, during each phase, there is active spiritual activity, either from the members of the kingdom of darkness affecting man negatively, or from the members of the kingdom of light affecting man positively. As God’s official representatives on earth, you know all things were created to give God pleasure; so personally call upon the spirit of God to guide you and the rest of the ekklesia into specific areas of prayer for each phase, so each phase will fulfill God’s pattern as His will for man on earth is fulfilled. (Joh 16:13; Rev 4:11)
The seventh sacred month (September) marks the ninth lunar season of the year 2011.
- It is a Sabbath month of rest and the number nine is the number of birthing, so fast and wait on the Lord in prayer, find out from Him what you, your marriage, family, community, nation, continent, especially the African continent etc are to birth this month that will enhance the life of man on earth. Ask Him to show you by His spirit specific areas to be birthed, especially projects, ideas etc that will re-orient generations to come touching every aspect of the life of man on earth. (Joh 16:13; 1 Cor 2:9-13)
THE MAJOR LUNAR EVENTS OF SIGNIFICANCE IN THE HEAVENS ARE AS FOLLOWS
Crescents and Quarter Moons (Sickles & Bows respectively)
This is a period when the occult increase their enchantments, strength and fortification; they also reap the gains of the righteous who are ignorant. They are able to do these things by using the crescent moon as a spiritual sickle.
- Ask God to overthrow the acts of the wicked against the righteous just as He overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah (Amo 4:11a)
When the inner man of the members of the ekklesia is fed daily with the word of God, it grows and is strengthened and fortified by the spirit of God. This is the reason why no member of the ekklesia’s life should be dependent on bread or food alone but on every word that proceeds from the mouth of God (Eph 3:16; Mat 4:4; Lk 4:4)
- As a bonafide member of God’s elect on earth, it is mandatory for you to continuously feed on the word of God for strength and fortification; so seriously take up this challenge by prayer and supplication to God for help and pray for your family and the rest of God’s people the world over that each one of them will do the same. (Eph 6:18; Jer 15:16; Job 23:12)
- Pray that the voice of the Lord that is powerful will nullify every word of enchantment uttered from the unrighteous lips of the occult. (Ps 29)
The first quarter moon for the ninth month is on the 04th of September 2011 @ 17:39 UT and the last quarter moon for the ninth month is on the 20th of September 2011 @ 13:39 UT.
The quarter moons are physically observed in the sky to be D shaped or its mirror image. The occult uses them as spiritual bows to shoot very specific disastrous words as arrows against the righteous and also into nations that result in marital confusion, unimaginable challenges in the lives of the righteous, riots and upheavals in nations.
- Pray that God who sees them and the evil of the things they do will shoot His arrows into them, and let the poison drink up their spirits and His terrors set themselves in array against them unless they repent and return to Him. (Job 6:4)
The full moon is on the 12th of September 2011 @ 09:27 UT.
The moon is a celestial body made up of a luminous substance that absorbs light from the sun during the day and emits this light at night. At full moon, the part of the moon presented to the sun for sunlight, fully emits the light received as light to the earth at night. Similarly, when the spirit of man is presented to the Lord, it absorbs spiritual light from the Lord God who is the source of light because He is a sun (Ps 84:11a; Mal 4:2a) then he emits the light absorbed in the realm of the spirit to give light to the world that is full of darkness. The more the light you receive from the word, the brighter you will shine.
- Dearly beloved brother/sister in Christ, you cannot be light to the world if you fail to present your spirit to the Lord to be continuously enlightened by His word. The tangibility of your shining light to the world is your good works which you cannot do without light from the Lord. Proclaim and deeply meditate on Mat 5:14-16
- Pray for yourself, siblings, spouse, friends, the ekklesia, etc that God will inspire the above understanding and also birth the appetite for His word in you. (Job 32:8; )
The New Moon that ushers in the tenth lunar season is on the 27th of September 2011 @ 11:09 UT.
This new moon is special because it is the day for celebrating the Jewish New Year called Rosh Hashanah in Hebrew (28-30th September 2011) and the feast of trumpets. It is a day of great joy and the New Year offers an opportunity for new beginning. It is also a set time ordained by God to renew His people.
- Command the gates of the New Year to be lifted up unto the Lord, and ask the Lord to go in and take over the year to His glory. (Ps 24:7-10)
- Pray that the ekklesia will celebrate the occasion by offering God the sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving which is the fruit of their lips (Heb 13:15; Ps 104:33; 146:2)
- God gave Israel a command “Blow the trumpet in the new moon, in the time appointed, on our solemn feast day”. Pray for the members of the ekklesia globally to participate in the Feasts of the Lord in obedience to this command. (Ps 81:3)
- Ask the Lord to renew your intimacy with Him and pray that He will do the same for all who belong to Him. (Mat 21:22; Joh 16:24; 1 Joh 3:22)
The Autumnal Equinox is on the 23rd September 2011 @ 09:04 UT
Equinox is that moment in time (not a whole day) when the centre of the sun can be observed to be directly above the Earth‘s equator at a time when the earth is at zero tilt to the sun. This occurs twice a year, in which there are approximately 12 hours of night and 12 hours of daylight. In autumnal equinox the sun appears to cross the Earth’s equator, moving southward. The sun is spherical rather than a single- point source of light, because of this, the actual crossing of the sun over the equator takes approximately 33 hours, marking the beginning of autumn in the Northern Hemisphere and vernal or spring equinox in the southern hemisphere.
Worship to a deity is the central theme of most autumnal celebrations around the globe. The occult believe their sacrifices to their “god” at the time of the equinox are of equal value because of the equal duration of time, day and night so they engage in human sacrifices and other horrifying activities for more power.
- It is the responsibility of the ekklesia to teach the nations that the God who created the heavens and the earth, He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the End of everything and all other gods are idols (Rev 1:8; Ps 96:5). Pray for the ekklesia to teach the nations as the Lord has commanded and pray for the nations around the globe to receive, acknowledge and worship God as the great King above all gods. (Mat 28:19; Ps 95:3)
- Anybody born on the day of the equinox or close to the date of the equinox, whose lives are not already protected in Christ, may be targeted for spiritual manipulation and sacrifice by the occult. Fervently present to the Lord your life, the lives of family members, friends, colleagues, schoolmates, members of the ekklesia, nations, etc who were born at equinox. Ask the Lord to preserve them from evil such as swapping of their destinies and stars, etc and preserve their souls from the wickedness of the occult. (Ps 121:7)
- Pray for the redemption of the souls of those who have already been captured by the occult and earmarked for death. (Ps 79:11; 102:19-20)
In the ninth lunar season of September, as the sun makes its circuit through the heavens; it passes through a group of 51 stars in the constellation called Libra symbolized by the scales. This reveals the redeemer’s atoning work or the price deficient balanced by the price that covers. It represents Jesus as THE PRICE WHICH COVERS.
Jesus came for the purpose of redemption and has redeemed man to God by His blood out of every kindred and tongue and people and nation (Rev 5:9). It is His blood that covers.
- Thank the Lord Jesus without ceasing for the priceless price of His blood which He paid on the cross for the redemption of man from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light. (1 Th 2:13a; 1 Ch 29:13)
- Hidden foundational altars that make demands on the lives of God’s people and unrighteous covenants that are legally binding are strong oppositions to the purpose of God in the lives of the ekklesia. Pray for yourself, marriage, family, business, the members of the ekklesia and your nation that the Lord will redeem and ransom you so you can fulfil his purpose. (Jer 31:11)
3 other smaller groups of stars called decans that form part of the constellation called Libra foreshadow the Sacrifice of Christ – In this sacrifice, the price which covered was paid, out weighing the price which was deficient. These decans give the details of what the price to be paid was, how it was to be paid and what the result was in the Person of the Redeemer.
The decan called CRUX represents “the Cross” endured which describes the death of Jesus on the Cross where He declared “IT IS FINISHED” when He paid the price that covers with His life. He procured eternal life for all who believe. The cross therefore represents the finished work of Christ; it is the sign and symbol of life. It means life, natural life given up and eternal life procured. Atonement finished, perfect and completed, never to be repeated or added to.
- Jesus came to the earth with one goal captured in Joh 4:34 – “My MEAT is to do the will of Him that sent me and to FINISH His Work”. This is the food Jesus ate daily. Dear reader, what kind of food do you eat daily as a member of the ekklesia? Do you know the will of God for your life? Have you set a goal to do His will to FINISHING? Sit with the Lord in prayer and ask Him to give you and each member of the ekklesia globally His blue-print in the volume of the books for your lives. Pray for yourself and the body of Christ, that God will cause each member to daily eat the food of doing His will and to FINISH His work. (Ps 40:7-8; Joh 4:34)
The decan called LUPUS OR VICTIMA represents “the Victim” slain depicting Jesus as the lamb that was slain. He laid down his life for the sheep. He offered Himself without spot to God.
Humility, obedience and love for the Father were the reasons why Jesus became “the Victim” slain for the redemption of man because it was the Father’s will for Him to do so.
The obedience of the ekklesia to the truth through the spirit, have purified their souls to love the brethren with unfeigned love. In many daily occurring practical situations or circumstances, the ekklesia must or should practically demonstrate that love by laying down their lives for the brethren, the same way Jesus did to redeem man from condemnation. (1 Pet 1:22; 1 Joh 3:16; Joh 10:15, 17)
- As an individual, you must have heard of many practical situations in the lives of the brethren such as lack of food, clothing, shelter, different resources required, etc. In what ways did you lay down your life to demonstrate greater love for them (Joh 15:13)? Repent if you did not respond to their need and ask the Lord to be merciful to you and heal your soul for sinning against Him. Ask Him to give you a mindset that is transformed to do His will. (Ps 51; 41:4; Rom 12:2)
- Meditate on Jas 2:15-16 and fervently pray for the ekklesia worldwide to be quick in responding to the needs of the brethren because of Ps 41:1-3
The decan called CORONA represents “the crown” bestowed, again, depicting Jesus whose name the Father has exalted above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow. He will be crowned with glory and honour (Heb 2:9)
Jesus Christ was crowned with glory and honour because of the death He suffered. Similarly, if we are children, then heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ; if we suffer with Him, then we may be glorified together. (Rom 8:17)
- There is a divinely appointed suffering every member of the ekklesia must go through which results in their crucifixion with Christ and their eventual glorification, but many Christians do not want to suffer in anyway but they want to be crowned with glory and honour. Not all suffering is divinely appointed, it is important to find out from God when going through suffering of any kind. Carefully read through Rom 8.
- Pray that you, your family and members of the ekklesia in the nations will take their suffering to God in prayer in order to determine whether it is divinely appointed or not.(Php 4:6)
- When God has confirmed any divinely appointed suffering in your life, know that after the suffering you will be crowned. Loudly read out 1 Pet 5:10 to yourself and Pray the same scripture for those in the body who are going through any divinely appointed suffering.
PRAYERS COVERING THE PROPHECIES FOR 2011
Please purchase a copy of the 2011 prophecies at the media desk or print a copy from our website www.gapnetwork.org to enable you keep the promises of God in focus and pray them into manifestation.
Proclaim Ps 47 over creation and declare that this word has taken hold of the heavens and the earth according to the word of the Lord in Zec 1:6a.