This year 5774 the Month of May is equivalent to the second (2nd) Jewish sacred Calendar month called IYYAR or ZIF. ‘Zif’ is a term from an unused Hebrew root word meaning: Prominent, Brightness, Splendor, Comeliness and Cheerfulness marking the season when the sun shines and countenances are lightened up. Spring season is well on its course. May is also the ninth (9th) month in the Jewish civil calendar and the fifth (5th) month of the Gregorian calendar. It is named after the Roman goddess, MAIA.
The worship of Mercury (to whom the planet is dedicated) was associated with the worship of the Roman goddess Maia who is identified as his mother by her association with the Greek goddess Maia – mother of Hermes. Both Mercury and Maia were honoured in pagan festivals on May l5th the dedication day of the Temple of Mercury on the Aventine (built around 500 BC).
The Romans believed that MERCURY was the god of merchandise and merchants, and is commonly identified with the Greek HERMES – the fleet-footed messenger of the gods.
In classical mythology, Maia is given to one of the group of stars of the constellation Pleiades. The near dawn rising of Pleiades in spring in the Northern Hemisphere, marked from ancient times the opening of sea faring and farming seasons.
In medieval and modern Europe, 1st May was a day of traditional springtime celebration which starts off with agricultural rituals. Such rites were intended to ensure fertility to the crops, cattle and human beings. Some Christian denominations have “harvest festivals” which are a mimic of these pagan rituals and do not necessarily glorify YHVH. Today 1st May or May day is celebrated as the international Labour Day/Workers Day in most parts of the world.
PRAYING THRU THE MONTH
- This is the month HaShem has made. Rejoice and be glad in it. Thank YHVH for the fifth month, We have been ushered into the last month of the spring season in preparation for summer in the northern Hemisphere and a cooling down of temperatures in the southern hemisphere in preparation for winter. (Ps 136:26)
- Declare the LORDship of Yeshua over every gate of the month especially the solar and lunar gates and every gate of society Ps 24.7-10, 103:19, 118.19-20.
- Declare to all creation that YHVH created the universe and therefore every other demon deity that did not create anything cannot lay claim to anything in creation; they are the works of men and therefore must bow to the LORDship of YHVH in this season. Isa 40.18-20
- Praise YHVH for the promise of more abundant life, for fruitfulness in every endeavor during this season. Pray that the fruit for the 2nd, 5th and 9th months from the tree of life to be released into your life, and kingdom citizens everywhere. Rev 22:2.
- Read Jer 1:9-10: We are in a season where YHVH is exposing false foundations so that the only Foundation that remains will be Yeshua. Pray that you will pay attention to personal and corporate events which are meant to expose and begin the pulling down and breaking of ungodly foundations.
- It means that YHVH is allowing you to see some patterns or events which may be disturbing. Yet, He reveals in order to redeem. Pray that you will be spiritually alert to dreams, visions, conversations which will expose unGODly foundations, and ask HaShem to give you wisdom on how to carry out the proper intercession to pull down and destroy them, before you can plant and built YHVH’s purposes in every aspect of your life and experience.
- As you read the sky events this month, you will note that the heavens declare the various characteristics of this month. Pray for sensitivity to YHVH’s revelations through nature concerning this season and His purposes therein. (Luk 21:11)
- This is the 2nd month of the Sacred year. Two is the number for division. Pray that in this season as you read the scriptures, commune with YHVH and spend time in adoration to Him, there will be a clear separation between the soulish and the spiritual aspects of your life; so that your spirit man can grow as the soulish man diminishes. Pray this also for as many kingdom citizens that are seeking HaShem in this season. Heb 4.12
- This Is the 5th Five is the number of grace. Pray that you will receive a spirit of grace and supplication Zech 12.10
- Cancel with the blood of Yeshua all previous dedications of the 5th month to strange mythological gods. Re-dedicate and devote the month to its Owner the Creator of Heaven and earth. (Col 2:14; Lev 27:28)
- Pray for more grace for the Body of Yeshua to accomplish YHVH’s purposes in this particular month.
- This is the 9th month of the Jewish civil calendar. Execute the judgment of HaShem written against every aspect of lawlessness, depravity and disorder in this season. Pray for this in every gate of society.