The 3rd Sacred Calendar Month: May 20th – June18th 2012
The first month of the Jewish sacred calendar, the month of Abib, started by divine instruction recorded in Ex 12:2 and Deut 16:1. The rest of the months of the year were determined from one new moon to another (Isa 66:23) a strictly lunar calendar. The Gregorian calendar is based on a solar year so there is disparity between the sacred and the Gregorian calendar.
In 2012, reckoning by the Gregorian calendar, the first sacred calendar month Abib began on the day of the new moon 22nd March – 20th April; the second sacred calendar month Zif was from the day of the new moon 21st April – 19th May; the third sacred calendar month called Sivan began on the day of the new moon 20th May – 18th June and now, the fourth sacred calendar month called Tammuz will begin on the 19th June – 18th July 2012.
The month of June on the Gregorian calendar is therefore approximately equivalent to the fourth (4th) Jewish sacred calendar month Tammuz (Ezekiel 8:14), beginning on the day of the new moon – 19th of June 2012 to the 18th of July 2012.
It is also the tenth (10th) month following the Jewish civil calendar and the sixth (6th) month according to the Gregorian calendar.
The month of June is the end of spring and the beginning of summer; it therefore ushers in the harvest season in the northern hemisphere. Around the same time in the southern hemisphere, it is rainy and cold towards the tropic of Capricorn and generally, it is the sowing season.
Again, in the northern hemisphere, around the 20th – 21st of June, the sun is directly positioned over the tropic of Cancer resulting in the summer solstice in which the day of the solstice records the longest daylight hours and the night records the shortest night hours. Some areas experience as much as 23 hours of daylight. The summer solstice is the gate that kick starts the summer season.
The Ungodly Mythology surrounding the month
There are a number of ungodly mythological celebrations that take place in this season. According to Roman mythology June was named after the Roman goddess Juno who is believed to be the sister and wife of the chief god Jupiter and the mother of Juventas, Mars and Vulcan. She is said to be the “queen of the gods” as a result, the first day of each month of the year is dedicated to Juno. She was also the protector and special counselor of the Roman state. As the patron goddess of Rome and the Roman Empire, she was called Regina (meaning “queen”) and, together with Jupiter and another deity Minerva, they were worshipped as a triad on the Capitol (Juno Capitolina) in Rome.
Many people consider the month of June to be the most favorable time to marry. This is possibly because Juno is supposed to be the patroness of marriage.
Lucina was a Latin nick-name for Juno as “she who brings children into light.” This is the female derivative of “Lucifer” – the “light-bearing morning star” In Greek mythology she is called “Hera” the goddess responsible for women, marriage and married life.
June includes the festival of Tammuz derived from the mythological sun-god who is in charge of fertility. In Egypt he was known as Osiris, to the Greeks he was called Adonis (a name derived from the Phoenician and Hebrew word for “Lord”). His consort or spouse was the goddess Ishtar (Astarte or Ashtoreth).
Adonis’ death is believed to set off the onset of winter while his restoration symbolizes the return of the sun. Babylonian calendar dedicated the 4th month to him.
Celebrations marking this were made during the summer solstice, first with lamentation then wild revelry.
The worship of these mythological gods always involved licentious (immoral, lustful, immodest or shameless) rites.
In Ezekiel 8:14, the custom of women mourning for Tammuz, which was observed at the very gate of the temple of the true God, were considered one of the most abominable idolatries.
The harvest season was always accompanied by lasciviousness, demonic sacrifices and ritual activities.
PRAYING THROUGH THE MONTH
Again, Note: irrespective of the beginning of the month of June following the Gregorian calendar, we are still in the Jews’ third sacred calendar month which began on the 20th May and will end on the 18th of June and then the fourth sacred month will begin on the 19th of June on the day of the new moon. We will pray through the 3rd into the 4th sacred months accordingly.
- Enter the gates of the sixth Gregorian calendar month (June) with thanksgiving unto the giver of the months and seasons; and go deeply into His courts with praise because He has spared our lives to see this day. Continuously be thankful unto Him and never cease to bless His name (Ps 100:4)
- Commit your spirit, soul and body unto the Lord and ask the Lord to fill your mouth with His specific words for the sixth Gregorian calendar month; at the opening of the gates of the month, release God’s choice words in your mouth over the month, and command every moment of the month to completely submit unto its creator. (Ps 31:5; Isa 51:16a; Prov 15:23b)
- Is the sixth Gregorian calendar month a special month to remember? It’s probably the month to celebrate a birthday, wedding anniversary, commencement of a business, a trip to some nations, a joyful occurrence to thank God for, etc. Present that occasion to God in prayer, and bless His holy name. Ask the Lord to overshadow the occasion with His presence and make it a holy occasion that will be a source of joy always. (Ps 145:21b; Lk1:35)
- At the lunar gates of the third and fourth sacred months, the sixth Gregorian and the tenth civil calendar months, find time to give God seasons of worship with your family and possibly friends for His unfailing love and care over the months gone by and for His mercies which have been new every morning, truly, great has been His faithfulness. (Lam 3:23)
The third sacred month is an occasion for Gods’ people to live in the third day of creation (Gen 1:9-13). The third day is time to produce seed in yourselves (Vrs 11 & 12) and that seed is the incorruptible seed of the word of God (1 Pet 1:23). When you produce seed, then you are matured enough to produce after your kind to fulfill God’s charge to man: “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it…” Producing seed for multiplication can only be accomplished by uncompromising obedience to God in everything just as the earth has been obedient to God to this day (Gen 1:11-12)
- Dear reader, how do you rate yourself? What have you been doing with God’s word daily? Have you obeyed all the eight things you are to do with God’s word: reading, listening, studying, memorizing, confessing/proclaiming/praying, meditating, practicing and sharing the word? This is the only way of producing seed in you. Ask the Lord to help you make a choice for the good part Mary chose as she sat at the feet of Jesus in Luke 10:39; so practically spend time with the word and pray for yourself and for all the ekklesia on earth that the spirit of God will teach you perfect obedience (Ps 121:1-2; Joh 14:26; 1 Joh 2:27)
The fourth sacred month reflecting the fourth day of creation (Gen 1:14-19) is an opportunity for God’s people to imbibe light from an inexhaustible source so they will become light unto the gentiles or to the world of all those who do not believe. The Lord God is a sun (Ps 84:11a) who will be the everlasting light unto His people.
- Proclaim Isa 60:19-22 and pray those verses for yourself and for the members of the body of Christ.
- Meditate on the implication of these verses and apply it to your life.
- Ask the Spirit of God to teach you all the practical ways in which the Lord will be your everlasting light and obey His teachings and directions until you become light that shines brightly in a world that is filled with darkness, and the gentiles will come to your light. (Joh 14:26; Isa 60:1-3)
- The tree of life in Rev 22:2 produces twelve varieties of fruits: so each month it produces fresh fruits (Amp). Pray for the release of the fruits for the 4th, the 6th and the 10th months into your life, your marriage, and the lives of your family members, your business; the ekklesia, city, nation and continent. Ask the Lord to let the release of these fruits highly enhance your fruitfulness in Him.
The entire history of June is deeply rooted in mythology – the Hebrew Tammuz, Egyptian Osiris, Greek Adonis together with his spouse, the goddess Ishtar etc are all mythological gods who do not and cannot give fertility; neither can any of these imaginary gods set off the onset of winter nor return the sun.
- Pray for yourself, family, marriage, children, the ekklesia, your nation and continent, that God will deliver all from belief in such myths, and cause the eyes of your understanding to be enlightened and draw all into the knowledge of the truth that Christ is the maker and giver of fertility and all other things in this life and that to come. Ask the Lord to pluck up the historical root of the month out of mythology and plant it in Himself (Mat 15:13; Eph 1:17-18; 1 Tim 2:4; Col 1:16)
- Present the first day of each month of the year to God and pray that the blood of Christ will nullify and cancel every dedication of those days to the mythological god –Juno. Ask the Lord to redeem the days back unto Him. (Col 2:14)
Juno has held an exalted position over the Roman state as protector and counselor, she has held an exalted position as “queen of the gods”; in addition, she has been worshipped together with Jupiter and Minerva. Juno has also exercised power and influence over women, marriages and married life so much so that many consider June to be a favorable time for marriage.
- Pray and declare Juno cast down from that exalted position, let her seat in the dust, and there is no thrown for her to be exalted any more so Proclaim Isa 47:1-5 into every part of creation.
- Command the heavens to declare Isa 47:1-5 unto every speech and language of all peoples groups and to the end of the world, to bring an end to the reign of Juno the mythological queen (Ps 19:1-4)
Praying into the significance of the Numbers 4, 6 and 10
The number four is the number of material completeness. It speaks of the 4th man, the 4th watch, the 4th month, the 4 winds, the 4 quarters, the 4 living creatures etc. Our focus will be on the true state of God’s people in relation to the 4 winds.
The account of the true spiritual state of Israel given in Ezekiel 37:1-14 depict the true spiritual state of the body of Christ today. Many in the body of Christ have played in very shallow waters of God’s word, as a result they do not know the Lord they profess, and because of the shallow Christian life, they lack knowledge about God, His word, His ways and His will; this has opened the door for many to be slain by the enemy; as a result, God has been robbed of people who would have grown and matured into sons who would have taken their nations by the hand and led them into their destiny in God (Isa 51:18)
- Proclaim Eze 37:1-14
- Dear reader, Christian, Child of God, in what spiritual state are you? Slain and completely dry without God’s word or you are still alive in a living vibrant relationship with Christ, eating and esteeming His word more than your daily necessary food (Jer 15:16; Job 23:12)? Critically examine yourself with all sincerity. Allow God to strip off pretence and other coverings until you are naked before Him and not ashamed. Ask for mercy and forgiveness if God exposes your dryness, pretence and all other coverings. (2 Cor 13:5; Heb 4:13; Acts 3:19-20)
- Are you willing to return to the Lord? Then, after repentance, lift up your voice and pray according to God’s word: Come from the four winds O breath, and breathe on us the slain, that we may live. Then breath will come upon you and you will live before God, a member of the exceeding great army. (Eze 37:9-10)
- Stand in the gap for all other members of the ekklesia in the same slain situation all over the world and cry out to the Lord concerning them, so the Lord will send breath from the four winds to give them life to live again before Him, an exceeding great army. (Eze 22:30; 37:9-10)
- Thank God that there is still hope for a complete new life and God has not cut off His people. Ask God to accomplish His promise so He will open the graves of His people and cause them to come up from their graves, then put His Spirit in them and they shall live and acknowledge Him as God. (1 Thes 5:18; Eze 37:11-14)
The number six represents the number of man. When God created the first righteous man (Gen 1:26-31); He saw that everything was very good. THE RIGHTEOUS MAN is ENDOWED with the ability to improve things, people and places WHEREVER HE GOES. We will focus on righteousness
The Lord’s clarion call for righteousness is still on as we can see from the Psalms given for proclamation throughout the year 2012. In Ps 45:4, in particular we see that God Himself rides out to victory defending truth, humility and righteousness, and He goes forth to perform awe-inspiring deeds (NLT).
Any unrighteous man cannot ride out in defense of truth humility and righteousness and be victorious; neither can he perform awe-inspiring deeds or works.
Again we see in vrs 6 & 7 that God rules His kingdom with a scepter of righteousness, or a righteous staff of authority. He loves righteousness and hates wickedness.
The great message here is that, for God’s people to represent Him and His kingdom here on earth, they must be righteous people who defend truth, humility and righteousness in every sphere of life. They must also rule with Him in the affairs of men with a righteous scepter and they must be lovers of righteousness and hate wickedness.
- Do you qualify? Can you confidently say that God considers you His representative here on earth ruling with Him in the affairs of men? Do you love righteousness and hate wickedness so much so that anybody assessing your life can testify to that fact? You know yourself better than anybody else. If you do not qualify, then prostrate before the Lord in identificational repentance on behalf of yourself and many others in the body of Christ across the world who do not equally qualify. Plead with Him for forgiveness and mercy and ask Him to school you and all others on how to attain the required level of righteousness that will qualify you. (Dan 9:3-19; Ps 51)
- Pray that God will cause you and all His people on earth to love righteousness and hate wickedness just as He loves righteousness and hates wickedness so you can represent Him. (Ps 45:7)
Fallen man, on the other hand leaves everything and everybody he comes into contact with spiritually worse then he met them (Gen 6:5-11, Eccl 7:27-29, Ps 106:29). Everywhere he goes he attempts to do three major things:
- Do away with God, 2. Self- exaltation, 3. Self – glorification.
This year 2012, the Lord did not leave out what His intentions were towards the wicked – Ps 125:5. We know He hates the wicked and He is angry with the wicked every day.
The fallen nature of man is wicked and not straight forward in its dealings with others.
There are many professing members of the body of Christ who do not realize that they live wicked lives daily in their dealings with others. They make promises to others they promptly forget or intentionally do not honour, and sometimes pretend they never made such promises; yet God said in Prov 3:28 that if you can help your neighbor now, don’t say “come back tomorrow, and then I’ll help you”. The Lord also said we should not make rash promises (Eccl 5:2) etc. Their action leaves their victims disillusioned, frustrated and disgusted while some are left wondering whether those who do such things are Christians.
Any action, thought or speech that negates God’s word is wickedness. The Lord will be the judge.
- If you find yourself amongst those who practice such wickedness, know that judgment will come upon you, repent and correct your ways with the word of God because God abhors the deceitful man. (Acts 3:19-20; Ps 5:6)
- Proclaim Eph 4 slowly, meditating on it.
- Pray that God will help you to put off the old man and be renewed in the spirit of your mind and put on the new man created after God in true righteousness and holiness. (Eph 4:20-27
Remember: As for such as turn aside to their crooked ways, the Lord shall lead them away with the workers of iniquity (Ps 125:5)
The number ten represents the perfection of divine order, a complete cycle or the completeness of order – making the entire round of anything.
The body of Christ on earth has gone an entire round in their relationship and walk with God, however, the body has not yet attained the purpose of God’s call because they have not portrayed the kingdom of God and its relevance to the world.
The subject of relevance of the kingdom is closely tired up to sons of God or sons of the kingdom who are full grown and matured in Christ and their understanding of the scriptures, the way Christ wants them to understand it and to disciple every other member of the body of Christ accordingly.
Jesus explained this from the parable of all parables – the parable of the sower or of the soil types, the parable of the wheat and tares – all located in Math 13
A very close scrutiny of scriptures will reveal that the good soil type heart, and anybody who is willing to switch from any of the other soil types to the good soil type, receive the seed of God’s word, understand it and bring forth fruit. Of such, Jesus the Son, said, He had chosen out of the world, they are not of the world (Joh 15:19; 17:14,16; 1 Pet 2:9) just as He is not of the world (Joh 8:23; 17:14, 16). The Father gave them to Him, Jesus the Son (Joh 6:37; 17:6, 9, 11, 12, 24) for the purpose of being with Him, the Son (Mar 3:14).
They hear and listen to Him, the Son (Joh 10:3, 27), they do the Father’s will and all that the Son tells them to do (Mat 7:21b, 24; Lk 6:47) and while they are with Him, the Father reveals to them who the Son truly is (Mat 16:15-18).
He, Christ the rock, builds them upon Himself and the gates of hell shall not prevail against them. He then gives them the keys of the kingdom of heaven and power to bind and loose (Mat 16:18-19).
As they heard and listened to Jesus and obeyed the Father’s will and all that Jesus instructed them to do, the Father approved of them and revealed Jesus “The Truth” to them. Then Jesus was able to build them upon Himself “The Truth” by empting “Truth, Humility and Righteousness” into them (Joh 14:6; Phil 2:8; Ps 45:4, 7). He then empowered them to destroy the works of the devil so the gates of hell could not prevail against them, and He gave them the keys of the kingdom.
Having thus prepared and empowered them, they have become seed just like Him to be sown into His field which is the world, so He sends them back into the world (Joh 17:18) to their various areas of call to proclaim the good news of His kingdom, have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out demons (Mar 3:14-15) and teach all nations to observe whatever “Truth, Humility and righteousness” He has commanded them (Mat 28:18-20) and be witnesses unto Him to the ends of the earth (Acts 1:7-8).
Jesus explained this in the parable of the wheat and tares where He – Jesus the Son of Man sowed good seeds – sons of the kingdom in His field – the world. Sons are watchmen and gate keepers, so if they sleep when they are supposed to be watching and praying to keep the gates, the enemy will come while they are sleeping; to sow sons of the wicked one to take over. Reason why, while men slept…
Christ gave the ekklesia a charge: Go and make disciples of all nations. What sons of the kingdom need to do is to get converts who will be with them, then train and equip them just the way Jesus did, to make them champions in their individual areas of divine placement or call. Send them back into the world to occupy their areas of divine call, then they too will make coverts, train and equip them as champions in their areas of call and release them into the world to take their positions and they too will make champions of their converts.
A shepherd under the Good Shepherd of such a flock or congregation will have champions in every gate of the society – in the family gate, belief system, government/ governance/ leadership, education, business & economy, science & technology, media, arts/ sports/culture in which the kingdom of God and its righteousness has taken over. Then the kingdoms of this world would become the kingdoms of our God and of His Christ (Rev 11:15)
Shepherds under the Good Shepherd:
- Apostle, prophet, evangelist, Pastor, teacher; is this how you are shepherding God’s flock under you or is this how you have shepherded them so far? If this is how you have been shepherding or have shepherded them, then thank God for your life and the lives of all those who have continued in this wisdom and God will richly bless and reward you. (2 Cor 9:6)
- If you have not shepherded the flock of God in this way, making the kingdom of God relevant but probably just teaching them to give their tithes and offerings and you pray for healing and deliverance for them while enjoying the flow of this milk without knowing the state of your flock, then repent because you will give account to the owner of the sheep and will be judged. (Acts 3:19-20)
- As an under shepherd, have you scattered and driven away God’s flock and have not visited them? God will visit the evil of your doings upon you so repent, ask for mercy and return to the Lord. (Ps 51)
- Prayerfully read aloud Jer 23 and Eze 34 and examine yourself within the context of those scriptures, if there are areas in which you have failed the Lord in handling of His sheep, repent and plead with God to show you how to rectify the errors. (Ps 51; Ps 32:8)
- PRACTICALLY re-orient every fellowship gathering to follow the example Jesus has taught above.
Celebrations in the month of June
Gay pride, LGBT pride or simply pride is the positive stance against discrimination and violence toward lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people to promote their self-affirmation, increase their visibility as a social group, build community, and celebrate sexual diversity and gender variance. Pride, as opposed to shame and social stigma, is the predominant outlook that bolsters most LGBT rights movements throughout the world. The pride movement now has a broad network ranging from organizations, institutes, foundations, book titles, periodicals and even a cable TV station and pride library. Pride events are held during LGBT Pride month or some other time that commemorates a turning point in a country’s LGBT history.
- God abhors anything Gay, He is not the author of LGBT and His wrath and indignation is against it. Proclaim Rom 1
- Those involved in LGBT are in confusion; stand in the gap and pray for the scales to fall off their eyes so they will flee death.(Eze 22:30)
- Ask the Lord to completely abolish LGBT from the earth (Isa 2:18)
PRAYING FOR THE NATIONS
The Kingdom of God involves all nations because the kingdoms of this world must become the kingdoms of our God and of His Christ…(Rev 11:15) so ask the Lord and He will give you the nations for your inheritance and the ends of the earth for your possession. (Ps 2:8)
Jewish civil issues
Technological development has been very rapid worldwide. This poses a threat in the Middle East because of the high level enmity existing between those countries especially targeted against Israel. However, Israel has hinted their involvement in the recent “flame worm” attack, revealed to have targeted computers in Iran and the West Bank. Israel says such steps are reasonable as part of the measures against the Iranian nuclear threat. The virus is a masterpiece programming remotely controlled from a computer and only active when it receives an order. It is capable of transferring files, screenshots, audio recordings, and keystrokes from infected computers. It is sophisticated enough to change its characteristics and develop according to orders. The flame bug was not designed to damage computers, but rather to collect information. The source of the bug is yet unknown.
- This information in technological advancement poses a threat to the whole world and not just an Israeli issue. This calls for fervent prayers for peace in the Middle East. Present the case to God, and ask the Prince of Peace to establish peace in that region, because in their peace the world will have peace. (Jer 29:7)
- Declare peace upon Israel. (Ps 125:5b; 128:6b)
PRAYING GOD’S PATTERNS INTO THE HEAVENS.
The subject of the heavens to many in the body of Christ is a mystery, to others it is a subject for the occult or it is outright demonic and must not be mentioned. However, the truth is that, the heavens is an integral part of God’s creation, positioned and mandated with lights in the firmament of the heaven that divide the day from the night, and are for signs for seasons for days and years; they also give light to the earth etc (Gen 1:14-18).
Another function of the heavens is to pour down righteousness and the earth brings forth salvation and righteousness etc (Isa 45:8). These and many other areas of influence the heavens have over the lives of men on earth, yet the children of the creator avoid them.
How can we have dominion over the works of God’s hands if we lack knowledge about what He has created? Pray fervently for yourself and for all God’s children round the earth that God will break off fear of the heavens over their lives and stir up their spirit to seek for and utilize the knowledge of the heavens so they will not perish. (2 Tim 1:7; Hos 4;6; 2 Tim 2:15)
Crescents and Quarter Moons
When the moon is shaped like a C or its mirror image, it is considered a crescent moon. The quarter moons are shaped like a D or its mirror image and considered to be a bow.
The occult use the crescent moon as sickles (eg Hecate’s sickle), for harvesting the gains of the ignorant and for demonic strength and fortification with intense enchantments.
- Pray that God will cut off those that handle the sickle in the time of harvest, harvesting the gains of the ignorant, and like a skillful writer, inscribe with your tongue upon creation Num 23:23 (Jer 50:16; Ps 45;1)
- For strength and fortification pray and meditate through Ps 18
- Pray that the blood of Christ will cancel, nullify and blot out every enchanted word against the righteous, the nation, and against every good work. (Col 2:14)
The full moon is on the 04th of June 2012 @ 11:12 UT
…out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. (Rev 1:16) The moon is full and bright reflecting the sun and giving light to the earth because it has imbibed the rays of the sun to its fullest capacity. When we, as God’s children fill our mouths to the fullest capacity with the two-edged sword which is the word of God (Heb 4:12) then our countenance will shine like the sun of righteousness and perfectly like Him, we will give light to those in darkness.
- Ask the Lord to fill you, your spouse and children, your neighbours and friends, colleagues, family, associates, and every child of God on earth with an insatiable desire for His word because the desire of the righteous shall be granted. (Mat 7:7; Lk 11:9; Pro 10:24b)
- God is angry with the wicked every day (Ps 7:11b) meditate on how God feels with the works of the wicked on occasions like the full moon, when they fill themselves to full capacity with the works of darkness, offering human sacrifices, worshipping every imaginary thing and some even declaring that there is no God. Pray that God, who knows the works of the wicked, will overturn them in the night so that they are destroyed, except they repent. (Job 34:25)
- Think about your own people in the villages and towns and in your communities around you, what do they do at full moon? What are their beliefs? Be very observant and pray for them and share the word of God with them accordingly so they will repent and turn to the truth. (1 Tim 2:1-4)
The last quarter moon is on the 11th of June 2012 @ 10:41 UT
The first quarter moon is on the 27th of June 2012 @ 03:30 UT
The occult use the quarter moons as spiritual bows with which they shoot spiritually destructive words as arrows against the righteous. (Ps 64)
- Pray that God will bend His bow and set the occult up as a target for the arrow. (Lam 3:12)
- At the quarter moons, proclaim Ps 64 especially the judgement written in verses 7-9
The new moon that opens the gate of the seventh lunar season is on the 19th of June 2012 @ 15:02 UT
- On the day of the new moon, command the gates of the seventh lunar month to be lifted up unto God the possessor of the heavens and of the earth so He will possess that which rightfully belongs to Him. (Ps 24:7-10)
- The seventh lunar season is a Sabbath month of rest so spend time with your family seeking God in fastings and prayers. Sabbath rest is all about God taking over your lives, so pray that God will reveal what He has written in the volume of the books concerning your individual lives and grant you the grace to adopt and follow His revelations. (Ps 40:7-8)
- At new moon, all flesh must come to worship before the Lord. This means at new moon, anything that is still flesh in you must be submitted to the Lordship of Christ. Pray for yourself and for every member of God’s people on earth, that from one new moon to another, God will help each to surrender every manifestation of flesh in the way they talk, relate to others, in their mannerisms, in their thoughts, heart, and emotions and in every aspect of their lives unto God. (Isa 66:23)
The summer solstice is on the 20th of June 2012 @ 23:09 UT
The solstice is an astronomical event that happens twice a year when the sun’s apparent position in the sky reaches its northernmost or southernmost extremes and standstill in declination, meaning the apparent movement of the sun’s path north or south comes to a stop before reversing direction.
The day is also the celebration day for the resurrection of the mythological god Adonis also known as Tammuz and Osiris, with weeping and lamentation and wild revelry and immoral acts.
In the southern hemisphere, it is the winter solstice, recording the shortest day and longest night.
- Bless the Lord for His faithfulness for another summer solstice day. (Ps 34:1-3)
- Thank Him for the depth of His wisdom in setting limits for the sun’s movement north and south. Pray for yourself and for everybody in the body of Christ that God will help each one to know and understand the limits or the boundaries of His love for us in relation to His word, so we will stay, live and move within those boundaries of obedience to the covenant of His word just like the sun knows its limits and stays within it. (Acts 17:28; Ex 19;5)
- For the Southern hemisphere: Brethren in your local assembly of fellowship, in your own home, and in the body of Christ at large, may be going through a long night of weeping in diverse situations and circumstances. Pray that the God of all comfort will comfort them with the joy that comes in the morning. (2 Cor 1;3; Ps 30:5b)
At the start of June, the sun rises in the constellation of Taurus; at the end of June, the sun rises in the constellation of Gemini. However, due to the precession of the equinoxes which consists of the motion of the equinoxes along the ecliptic, June
Begins with the sun in the astrological sign of Gemini and ends with the sun in the astrological sign of Cancer. However we will still approach it the way it ought to be.
The sun in June will be in the group of 141 stars in the constellation called Taurus symbolized by the bull. This represents Jesus the messiah, the coming judge, the Ruler and Lord of all the earth.
- The judge of all the earth is coming to judge all His enemies on earth but judgment will begin in His house. As a child of God, do not be deceived, all those who call the Lord, Lord and yet do not do His perfect will be judged. Pray for yourself and for all God’s people that the Lord will deliver you from every form of disobedience to the Lord’s word, ways and will and help you to completely submit yourself to God in obedience until you become willing and obedient so you can escape the judgment of the coming judge. (1 Pet 4:17; Jas 4:7a; Isa 1:19)
At the later part of the month, the sun will rise in a group of 85 stars in the constellation called Gemini symbolized by the twins. This testifies of Jesus in His two fold nature of God and man, His twofold work of suffering and glory and his twofold coming in humiliation and in triumph as the Prince of Peace.
- As children of the Most High God we also possess a twofold position in God. Because of the great love with which God has loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, He made us alive together with Christ, and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ! Even though we are here on earth, yet, we are seated in heavenly places in Christ, so what manner of people should we be? Meditate on this and ask the Lord to help you and all His people on earth to consciously speak, act and think from a heavenly position in Christ. (Eph 2:4-6)
- Proclaim Eph 2 and thank God for such a position in Him. Ask the Lord to release His Spirit upon you and all His people on earth so the eyes of your understanding will be enlightened into the vast privileges and opportunities this position in God has made available unto us and to be able to make great use of them. (Eph 1:17-18)
- Pray that the Spirit of God will teach God’s people on earth all the practical areas of life in which such glorified position in Christ can be of great benefit to the kingdom lifestyle on earth. (Joh 14:26)
The other three smaller group of stars called decans that form part of Gemini describe the details of the triumph.
LEPUS (the hare) represents the enemy trodden underfoot.
- As a child of God, know that whoever the enemy uses to afflict you, or by whatever means you or your family or any child of God on earth is afflicted, the Lord is afflicted alongside. In the year of the redeemed of the Lord, known to God alone, God will trample down all His enemies who afflicted His people. Let this be your consolation that God will avenge on your behalf. Proclaim Isa 63 and thank Him for being such a good God.
CANIS MAJOR (the dog) or SIRIUS (the Prince) represents the coming of Christ as the Prince of princes.
Towards the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, one significant event that will take place is that a king of fierce features will arise; who understands sinister schemes and by his power shall destroy fearfully, even God’s holy people. His reign will prosper and thrive and he will cause deceit to prosper under his rule. He shall exalt himself in his heart and destroy many in their prosperity, then he will even rise against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand (Dan 8:23-25)
- Bow down in worship and adoration to the Most High God to whom alone belong all honour because; Jesus Christ THE KING OF KINGS AND THE LORD OF LORDS will destroy that king with the brightness of his coming. (Rev 19:16; 2 Thes 2;8)
- Whatever adversity, affliction, opposition and oppression you or your loved ones or any member of the ekklesia anywhere in the world is going through; know that there is nothing that is too hard for the Lord to do; it does not matter how long that thing seems to thrive and prosper; at the appointed time, it shall be broken without hand. Pray for yourself and others that God will grant them courage to continuously praise God and just wait for Him. (Ps 27:14; 37:9)
CANIS MINOR (the second dog) represents Christ as the exalted Redeemer.
- Present the most notorious loved one, a fellowship not tailored after God, a neighborhood well known for atrocities etc to the Lord and trust the Lord to redeem those precious lives from the clutches and plans of the kingdom of darkness. Pray with the specific word of God concerning such lives (Isa 49:24-26)
PRAYERS COVERING THE PROPHECIES FOR 2012
Please purchase a copy of the 2012 prophecies at the media desk or print a copy from our website www.gapnetwork.org to enable you keep the promises of God in focus and pray them into manifestation.
INSCRIBE WITH YOUR TONGUE UPON CREATION THAT JESUS CHRIST IS THE KING OF KINGS AND THE LORD OF LORDS. (Ps 45:1b; Rev 19:16)