Originally, the old Roman calendar began in spring; the season of new beginnings in March. The beginning of their year was dedicated to the god of war – Mars. Finally, in 46 B.C.E., Julius Caesar initiated a thorough reform that resulted in the establishment of a new dating system, the Julian calendar. He wanted the year to begin in January since it contained the festival of the god of gates (later the god of all beginnings).
He was a very superstitious and fearful. He dedicated the beginning of the year to the god of gates Janus. Thus; the year was moved back 2 months from March to January.
Ancient Romans referred to January as “Ianuarius” (meaning month of Janus), a word not so far removed from the modern day January and taken from the Etruscan word “Jauna” meaning “door”. The Romans dedicated it as their first month to their god of gateways and doorways whose name was JANUS, hence the name January.
This calendar was finally re-configured to align to what we have today by Pope Gregory- the Gregorian calendar.
While the original pattern begins the year at the gates of spring season, the Gregorian calendar begins the year in the middle of the winter season. Because the Romans decided to dedicate the era after Christ’s birth to the Lord calling referring them to “Anno Domini” (A.D) “The year of our Lord”; The Lord too has honored the Gregorian calendar; which is most commonly used all over the world, to mark passages of years.
The first (1st) month is the gate through which everyone enters the Gregorian calendar year; this made it easier to exert evil influence and control on everyone by dedicating it to this god.
January is the fifth (5th) month according to the Jewish civil calendar and the eleventh (11th) month following the Jewish sacred or religious calendar.
Praying into the Month
Remember that the day begins in the evening; “And evening and morning….” Is the pattern the Lord set forth in Genesis 1. While the rest of the world is ready to usher in the new year at midnight; you should be getting ready to usher in the new year at 6pm of 31st – the true beginning of the new year and new day:
- It is a wonderful time to be alive and see God’s prophetic purposes unfold over entire nations especially Africa. Praise God and thank Him for the opportunity to be alive, and to see this new season; and truly enter into the second decade of this century. Proclaim Psalm 148-150
- Proclaim that Jesus Christ is the Lord of open doors, favor and new beginnings and not any other god. Read out loud Psalm 113-118; Isaiah 54, 60-61
- Speak to the gates of this month; and command every gate of time in the month to give pleasure to the Creator by doing His bidding day by day; Proclaim Psalm 19:1-6, 24 (Lev 27:28)
- Declare the Shalom of the Lord at every gate of this new season. The gates of this season will be gates of righteousness and praise and the walls salvation. Wherever the man of peace shall be, the peace of God will rest upon them. Wherever there shall be a man of violence, they shall be judged in this new season (Psalm 118:12, Isa 60:18-20, Rev 4:11)
- This is the first month of the Gregorian year: the number 1 speaks of beginning; “In the beginning God….. (Gen 1:1); It symbolizes the foundation of any activity or event. Ask the Lord to reveal to you during this season; What was the original pattern for the foundation for every sphere of your life and environment? His original pattern for the foundation of your relationships, your occupation? Every gate of society – your government, education system, media, arts and culture? Is there anything that needs to be altered? Pray that the Lord will expose the foundations for what they truly are so that they can be dealt with and realigned to pattern His original ones from the beginning.
- The purpose for exposure of foundations; especially evil ones, is for the purpose of judgement. This being the 11th year of the 21st century and new millennium. 11 symbolize judgement. This is significantly a year of judgement. Every foundation in every gate of society must align to the foundations of the kingdom; which are righteousness and justice. Prophesy into every gate of society Psalm 19:7-12
- This is a season where God is judging false and evil foundations in every sphere of leadership; it is a season when righteousness and Justice will flow in the nations; even in nations where these virtues have been so abused that people no longer know what is right or just, God is coming down to bring judgment on thrones. The foundations of God’s throne are righteousness and justice (Psalm 89:14, 97:2); and many thrones and positions of leadership that have been abused, will be judged in the course of this year. Pray that God will visit every gate of society in your family, church and nation so that righteousness will flow and justice as we truly enter the new decade.
- Being the 5th month of the Jewish civil calendar; 5 symbolizes grace – unmerited favour in the face of judgement. Ask the Lord that in judgement He should remember mercy especially on those who are called by His name. Pray that while He reveals His sceptre of righteousness and justice to judge unrighteous and unjust leadership, this will not cause others to become the hand of God to judge; rather it will put the fear of God in you to realize that judgement must start in the house of the Lord; pray that his judgement will be tempered with grace and mercy (Psa 58, 59:11).
- Are you going through tough trials? His grace is sufficient for you. His strength is made perfect in weakness. In this season, submit yourself and your trials to the Lord again. Ask Him for more grace. The purpose of grace is so that you can increase your capacity in every area; in your prayer, bible reading, spiritual exercises e.g. fasting, silence before the Lord; etc; so you will be able to contain the blessing that is to come. Paul said “when I received the grace I worked harder than the rest.” It gives you enablement to stand and withstand; and increase strength to endure the worst blows yet. Pray that His grace will be sufficient not just for you but for the church of Christ. In this season of judgment, there will be need for strength to endure and come forth as gold; (Job 23:10-12, 2 Cor 12:9, Eph 3:7)
- This is the 11th month of the millennium. It is the 11th month of the Jewish calendar. It is a season of judgement; there are things happening in nations which have already began to set the stage for His righteous and just sceptre (Psa 45:3-6) to be raised against unrighteous and unjust situations. Pray that no human intervention will stop the hand of the Lord from moving in every sphere of society; righting the wrongs, breaking wrong foundations, and doing a deep work in nations.
- This judgement is part of what God promised concerning what He wants to do causing Africa to arise and shine for her light is come. It is a season for the light to reveal that which has been hidden in darkness from generation to generation. It is a fearful season for those who have for long defied or managed to evade the justice of human systems in the nations; they have set themselves up for God’s judgement. Africa’s light is dawning; God is arising and it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Lord (Psa 46:6-11, Heb 10:30-31)
- Sudan: This 11th month of the Jewish sacred calendar. It is also the 11th The 11th day makes it the strongest day of the season. A significant event will take place on the strongest day of this strongest season; On January 11th Sudan will go into referendum to determine if two new nations shall be born anew; Pray that God’s righteousness and justice will be manifest throughout the world where Sudanese will be casting their vote. May His light shine over every event and His own purposes be made manifest at the end of the day.
- God is also saying that the referendum will determine if the older will serve the younger. Pray that God who is the Owner and Possessor of every nation, who determines the rise and fall of nations will arise and His counsel shall stand (Prov 19:21)
- As the Light shines over the continent, and exposes the darkness and evil; the strongest day of this season will kick-start judgement of God over various thrones all over Africa. As in Ezek 22:30, the Lord has looked for a man to stand in the gap i.e. the church, but much of it has been more concerned with their personal agenda. Thus the Lord has arisen to be the righteous Judge. Pray that as Judgement starts in the house of the Lord throughout the continent people will learn righteousness (Isaiah 26:9, Psalm 45:3-7)
- Eleven represents the eleventh hour: that final moment of lull before an event of important proportions occurs – (Math 20:6, 9). This season is the moment of lull before many great, even earth-shaking; nation-shaking and some wonderful events take place in every sphere of society in many nations. As a child of God, are you ready spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, psychologically?
- Most of the church of Christ is not really ready. This is a season to examine yourself, take time to pray for the church and take a season of repentance as you consider the coming days. Remember that when there is a lull, it looks like nothing is happening; all is unusually calm or quiet. Take time to be quiet before Him to hear what He ha to say concerning the days ahead. Entreat God for yourself, family, marriage, business, body of believers, nation that He will purge out what must be purged out and fill you with what you must be filled with, then upgrade you to the status of a new sharp threshing instrument with teeth, to be an offensive weapon in God’s hands; with which he can do His bidding in this season. (Isa 41:15-16, Jer 51:20-23)
- Eleven also signifies rebellion, transgression and sin; 2011 is the year
- when believers must rise up and say, Satan stop work! God started that in Gen 11:1-9 with Nimrod (meaning: “rebellion”) chose to unite men against the Lord; and the work was abandoned and not continued till this day.
- Instruct the earth and say: O earth, earth, earth, hear the word of the Lord, thus says the God who stopped Nimrod from accomplishing his mission, write men and women all over the world who have begun any rebellious work in families or in nations or promoting lesbianism and homosexuality, abortion etc a people who will not complete that work in the name of Jesus. (Jer 22:29-30)
- Pray that in the year 2011, any individual or group of people in any part of the world who are doing things that are rebellious in nature, if they will not repent, The Lord will smite them with blindness and that very project they have begun will not be completed. They have to STOP WORK! In the name of Jesus. (Gen 19:11)
The Spirit of the Lord clearly said “if there has been a time and a season when His people should come under Him the same way the hen broods over its chicks or the eggs, to hatch them and release them to go and work, this is the time and the season. For God is looking for men and women who will come home to the nesting place of the Most High God so He, the Spirit of God will brood over them and dispatch them with His might and power to go and work, because rebellion is going to get to a different dimension altogether since rebellion and sin has now become the norm of the society.”
- This is the Lord’s testimony about the times and seasons we are in, so pray for yourself and for every member of the body of Christ worldwide that God will bring you to the place of understanding of the times and the seasons, and like the children of Issachar, He will help you to know what you must do to get into the nesting place of the Most High God, for the Spirit of God to brood over you and equip and dispatch you with power and might to confound the enemy. (1 ch 12:32; Gen 1:2b)
- Is this the month of your birth? Pray that the virtues of this month will be manifested in your life. Pray that the foundations of your life, will reflect those of God’s original pattern. Pray that on your birthday, the Lord will begin or continue the process of taking you back, in your health, body, your spirit man to His original patterns.
- Pray that the virtues of number 5 – the grace of God will be sufficient for you; grace to withstand every trial you may be going through; grace when you are soaring in success and favor, grace to work harder and increase your capacity for the coming season and unmerited favor in every area of your life and relationships.
- Pray that the virtues of number 11 of disintegration, disorientation, disorganization – will also be manifest in your life. Like the pupa stage in the metamorphosis of a butterfly, any disorganization, disintegration, disorientation that has happened in your life, God will begin to bring things together to form the butterfly of beauty. You will no longer be a caterpillar which is destructive to nature, and has a limited scope in terms of vision, mobility, but you will become a butterfly which is beneficial to nature, as it aids cross-pollination, and has a more unlimited scope in terms of vision, and mobility; it flies high
- Pray that the Lord will arise on your behalf and bring judgment on the situations of injustice and unrighteousness in your life today.
- Pray that the day of your birth is a day of blessing and joy. God will fulfill His purpose over your life and the years the cankerworm has eaten will be restored to you in any areas you were wasted (Joel 2:25)
- Pray that the Lord will light your candle (Psa 18:28) and bring life and revival in the work of your hands, your spirit soul and body.
Praying For Nations
Jewish current civil issues
A prophetic word was given for Israel in which God said He is going to shake His people Israel so much so that there will be trouble all around them. In the mist of the shaking, a top rabbi will surrender to Christ and some will ask how come a top rabbi like that has surrendered to Christ. God said He is calling all of them back to Israel so many will return. The shaking is not to destroy Israel, but rather to cause many to turn to Him.
- Pray for Israel because they are about to go into very trying times from the Lord. Ask the Lord to help them as a nation to make the right decisions and turn their hearts back to the Lord God of their fathers. (2 Ch 19:4-11)
- Pray that the Lord himself will cause those in Diaspora to return to the Land God gave their fathers. (Jer 30:3)
The Island nation of Samoa will blow her jubilee trumpet on 1 January 2011
- Pray that the jubilee characteristics will begin to manifest in people of these islands as they enter their 50th year of independence. These include restoration of lost inheritances, reconciliation of age old feuds, restitution of all things that were taken away, returning of citizens who were refugees, political asylum seekers, illegal immigrants, return to the rightful place of inheritance, national repentance, favor of God to whom favor is due and revenge of God to whom vengeance is due. (Lev 25; Jer 22:29-30; Acts 3:21; Col 4:3) (order book Enter Your Jubilee ©2009 Abu Bako)
- Praise the Lord for the milestone that these nations have achieve
Cuba, Haiti, Sudan
- Cuba 1 January (Liberation Day, Fidel Castro takes power in 1959): Haiti 1 January (Declaration of independence from France in 1804; )Sudan 1 January (Independence from United Kingdom in 1956
One common denominator among these three nations is the state of oppression, political unrest, destructions and desolations of many generations, spiritual idolatry, sickness, poverty and death. If you have shofar, or ram’s horn, blow it as you make these prophetic prayer and proclamation over these nations.
Blow the shofar and prophetically proclaim “restore, restore, restore” over these three nations; that these three nations are going to experience a calling to order. Divine order, sanity, clear direction and vision for these nations will be released upon their leadership at all levels
- Pray that where God had found nobody to cry “restore” in the past, in this new year in this new strong season, he shall find men and women who will call restoration over these nations starting with you.
- As the shofar is blown over these nations, it is a call to war. Pray that God will release His hosts to wage war on every spirit that has brought untold chaos in these nations. In this season of judgment
- In that same vein, as shofar is blown it awakens; Pray that the slumbering church in these nations will be awakened and provoked to good works as God brings about events that will shake them out of lethargy
- Pray that as these nations celebrate a milestone in independence, the people who were covered in the darkness of ignorance, spiritual idolatry and ancestral worship in these nations will experience a great light of the gospel truth leading to unprecedented levels of soul winning
- Pray that the spirit of joy that follows the blowing of the shofar of a new beginning over the nations will be released. These nations which have experiences blood-shed, weeping, sorrow, famine, will have cause to begin to rejoice in the Lord as He ushers them into the new season of unmerited favor and mercy and as He begins to bring judgment on every ungodly throne and break the sceptres of unrighteousness. Which have rested over these nations
- Pray that the blessing of release of captives and slaves back into their inheritance will be part of the blessing these nations will experience. Land and resources that have been hived away from the land will be restored for use to establish the Kingdom of God
- God will cause every rebellion to cease in this season in each of the above nations. Those who have rebelled first against God, then against His purpose for their nation will be brought to book at last as He passes his judgment on unrighteous thrones in the nations.
- Cameroon 1 January 1960 Independence from France;
- North Mariana Islands 8 January (Commonwealth Day, the constitutional government takes office 1978)
- India 26 January (Republic Day, India becoming the first republic in the British Commonwealth of Nations 1950)
- Australia 26 January, (Australia Day, proclamation of British sovereignty over Australia (the penal colony New South Wales) 1788)
- Pakistan 28th January (Pakistan Day)
- Nauru 31 January (Independence from the Australia, NZ, and UK-administered UN trusteeship in 1968)
- Particularly pray for the executive arm, the legislature and the judiciary arm of government for these nations, that, the gates of righteousness will be opened unto them to enter in as God’ judgment come upon the earth. Pray that they will learn righteousness as this happens, many will begin to realize that God is the ultimate judge, Lawgiver and King and only He can truly save from even the most impossible situations such as the devastating floods in Australia; reputation for drug and smuggling and terrorism cells in Pakistan and the continuing bomb blasts and terrorism I and Sikh religious war in India with their deep spiritual idolatry; , (Ps 118:19-20; Isa 33:22)
- Pray that the heavens over each nation will pour down righteousness and the earth on which the nation is located will open and bring forth salvation unto the nations (Isa 45:8)
PRAYING GOD’S PATTERNS INTO THE HEAVENS
Crescents and Quarter Moons
A C shaped moon or its mirror image is a crescent; a D shaped moon or its mirror image, is a bow.
The occult use the crescent moon as sickles (e.g. Hecate’s sickle), for harvesting the gains of the ignorant and for demonic strength and fortification with intense enchantments. Every child of God must enforce Num 23:23.
- The ability of the enemy to use his agents to cheat the ignorant in the body of Christ is greatly enhanced when his victims are ignorant. Pray for the ignorant that God in His mercy will help each of them in their peculiar difficulty to find their way out of ignorance. (Ps 32:8)
- For strength and fortification Pray through Isa 26:3-6
- Instruct the sun, moon and stars to declare Num 23:23 from the rising of the sun to the going down of the same, the same way they declare the glory of the Lord. (Ps 19:1-6)
On the 03rd of January 2011 @ 19:00 UT the earth is at perihelion (Closest to the sun)
Man represents the earth because his foundation is in the dust (Job 4:19) and the sun represents God because “…the Lord God is a sun…” (Ps 84:11a) So symbolically earth at perihelion is a phenomenon depicting the closeness of man to God. This is symbolic and very appropriate within this time and season.
- Pray for yourself, family, marriage, community, city and nation that they will take a conscious decision to draw closer to God as possible, backed up by diligent study of the Word, prayer and fasting, seeking the face of God until you find Him. Moreover this is the season God is demanding intimacy with those who belong to Him. (Deu 4:29; Hos 5:6; Act 17:27)
There will be partial solar eclipse on the 04th of January 2011 @ 08:50 UT (greatest part of the eclipse) visible in Europe, Africa and Asia.
A solar eclipse occurs when the moon passes between the sun and the earth and the moon fully or partially covers the sun as viewed from a location on the earth. This only happens at new moon when the sun and moon are in conjunction (when two celestial bodies appear near one another in the sky) in a partial eclipse, the sun and moon are not exactly in line, and the moon only partially obscures the sun.
- Pray for Europe, Africa and Asia, the areas where the partial eclipse will be visible, that God’s judgment will come upon any political or social structures of these nations or their belief system, or ignorance or blindness of heart that the enemy may use to obstruct the word or the light of God’s word from getting into the hearts of men in these nations. (Eph 4:17-19)
The new moon is on the 04th of January 2011 @ 09:03 UT
This new moon will usher in the twelfth sacred calendar month and the 2nd lunar month.
- Proclaim into the heavens and into the earth and instruct them to continue to declare it daily, that, beginning from the twelfth sacred calendar month in the year 2011, the government of the Most High God IS ESTABLISHED over every nation and over every people group in families, communities and cities on earth in the name of Jesus. This is because God calls those things which be not as though they were, until they manifest. (Rom 4:17b)
The church of Christ requires unity as a source of strength in these dire times that will enable them to stand against the wiles of the enemy. (The number two represents division or “do it again”)
- Pray that sectionalism, tribalism, pride, lack of forgiveness, past memories; etc that make up the middle wall of partition, separating the body of Christ, will all be devoured by the power of the might of God, and replaced by the unconditional love of God. (Eph 2:14; 6:10b)
The first quarter moon is on the 12th of January 2011 @ 11:31 UT and the last quarter moon is on the 26th of January 2011 @ 12:57 UT
The spiritual bows with which the occult shoot arrows of disaster, catastrophes, bitter experiences, violence, strife, bloodshed, rape, sicknesses and diseases, rebellion against authority etc.
- Pray that in the year 2011, the occult will fall into every pit they dig with their tongues for the righteous. (Pro 28:10; Ecc 10:8)
- Ask the Lord to locate every word proclaimed, declared, uttered, spoken against the righteous into the heavens and the earth and into any part of creation; pray that the blood of Jesus will cancel and blot them out so there will be no record of any unrighteous or bitter word against the righteous. (Col 2:14)
The full moon is on the 19th of January 2011 @ 21:21 UT
- This is the first full moon in the Gregorian calendar year 2011. Pray and tell the Lord, just as the moon is full of light, so do you ask for a full strength of His seven fold spirits to come upon you and upon every member of the church of Christ on earth, so each will be fully anointed for the Lord’s work the year round. (Isa 11:2)
- Pray that God’s people will feed heavily on the word of God and be filled with light just the same way the moon is full of light. (Jer 15:16)
The sun in January passes through a cluster of 108 stars in the constellation called Aquarius symbolized by the water bearer. This Represents Jesus who went away in His death and has come again in His resurrection.
“Their blessing ensured” or “The living waters of blessing poured forth for the redeemed.” Jesus paid the price for atonement and has procured the blessings which can be bestowed and poured forth upon the redeemed.
The constellation was pictured and foreshown in the heavens by a man (Jesus) pouring forth water from an urn which seems to have an inexhaustible supply and flows forth downward into the mouth of a fish (the redeemed) which receives it and drinks it all up.
Perfectly in line with the sign for this month’s constellation, the Spirit of the Lord stressed towards the end of the just concluded fast for recovery and restoration of the future that: “In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man THIRST, let him come unto me and drink. He that believeth on me, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water”. Jesus, by this call was referring to the Holy Spirit which they who believe in Him should receive after He has been glorified. (Joh 7:37-39) This was the clarion call to those who are thirsty to come for an inexhaustible supply of water of the word and of the spirit.
- To drink from Jesus practically involves all the ways of taking in Jesus the word, which includes reading, listening, studying meditating, confessing, memorizing, proclaiming and sharing the word. Pray that the Lord will fill every member of the church with a strong desire to take in volumes of God’s word daily. (Col 3:16; Eph 5:26)
- Bearing this call from the Lord in mind, declare into the heavens and the earth that: ”whosoever drinks of the water that Jesus shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that Jesus shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life”(Deut 32:1; Joh 4:14)
- Pray through Isa 44:2, 3&6 for all those who are thirsty in the church of Christ round the world.
- Pray that these waters from the Lord will be both physical, finding expression in the healing of the land for God’s people where every curse is removed and the land is watered and made productive like the garden of Eden; and spiritually, finding expression in a renewed heart and spirit of God’s people.(Isa 51:3; Eze 36:24-28)
- Pray that this water will be waters that flow from the throne of God and from the lamb, flowing into the physical and spiritual waters of God’s people that will cleanse every form of defilement in their lives and heal all diseases and sicknesses from the individual level to national issues and unify the body of Christ (Rev 22:1-2; Eze 47:1-10; Zec 14:8-9)
The other smaller group of stars called decans that form part of Aquarius describe the blessings bestowed upon the redeemed by Christ, the One who blesses.
Piscis Australis (The southern fish) represents the blessings bestowed. Piscis Australis is inseparable from Aquarius and represents the mouth of the fish. Meaning the blessings will surely be bestowed and received by those for whom they are intended.
One of the greatest blessings Jesus procured that can be bestowed and poured forth upon the redeemed is the gift of the Holy Spirit which the world cannot receive. (Joh 14:17)
- Pray that there will be such an out pouring of the seven spirits of the Lord upon all those who thirst and drink so much of Jesus the word. (Isa 11:2)
- Eternal salvation of the souls of men is also one of the blessings Jesus procured with His blood for men. Pray for the salvation of all those whom God has ordained to be a part of His kingdom. (1 Tim 2:1-4; 2 Pet 3:9)
Pegasus (The winged horse) represents the blessings quickly coming.
- God is doing a work in the lives of individuals, families and nations, separating those who love Him and keep His commandments from those who do not belong to Him. He has promised overwhelming physical and spiritual blessings that will make them outstanding on earth. However, God is not slack concerning His promises, but is longsuffering towards us so we will not perish because of fulfilment of promises to us we are not matured enough to handle. In this season, He has assured us that His promised blessings will be coming quickly and there will be no more delay so pray for it. (2 Pet 3:9; Rev 10:6)
Cygnus (The swan) represents the one who blesses surely returning.
In this decan, the sign shows the swan flying swiftly in mid-heaven coming to the earth. The meaning of the names of the stars explain the constellation and the names of the constellation explain the sign, emphasising and affirming that it has to do with the Great blesser and His speedy return. The swan is not so much a bird of the air but a bird peculiarly belonging to both the earth and waters.
- Proclaim Rev 22:20 into the heavens and the earth and thank God for the depth of His Wisdom and knowledge.
INSCRIBE WITH YOUR TONGUE UPON THE EARTH THAT THE EARTH SHALL BE FILLED WITH THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE GLORY OF THE LORD AS THE WATERS COVER THE SEA (Ps 45:1;Hab 2:14; Isa 11:9b