February was named after the Latin word “Februum” meaning purification. It was so named after the purification ritual “Februa” dedicated to deity Juno, held on February 15th in the old Roman calendar.
From 20th February to 20th March marks the sixth (6th) month following the Biblical civil calendar and the twelfth (12th) and final of the Biblical sacred calendar. February is the second (2nd) month according to the Gregorian calendar. February is the shortest month of the year with 28 and a quarter days. In “ordinary years”, it approximates to 28 ¼ days. After every 4 years, the quarter days add up to one full day creating a 29th day in each leap year.
February is the only month of the Gregorian calendar year that can pass without a single full moon because it has only 28 days in common years. It is also the only month of the calendar that once every six years and twice every 11 years, will have only four full 7- day weeks, where the first day of the month starts on a Sunday and the last day ends on a Saturday. This year 2015 is such a year with the occurrence of a full moon on 4th February.
This is a month of many deeply pagan events and it would do well to know their significance, in order to avoid participating in them, and helping other kingdom citizens to break free of the doctrines of men which have nullified the power of The LORD in their lives.
PRAYING THROUGH THE MONTH
- Finally the twelfth and final month of the Sacred calendar is here, receive it with song ministrations of praise and thanksgiving to The LORD, Proclaim the Psalms for this year 29, 63, 89, 92, 111 including Psalm 136, 69:30; 118:23.
- The first 3 months i.e. January and February signify a season of reflection. January is the 1st month of the Gregorian calendar, February is the 12th and final month of the Sacred calendar, and March is the 1st month of the sacred Jewish calendar. It’s a season of endings and beginnings. Thank The LORD for another opportunity to dedicate this key gate of time and season to Him. Declare Psalm 24 over these gates.
- Many people make resolutions during this season. Make prophetic declarations which dedicate this exit/entrance gate to Him. Refer to the various prophetic words that have been released especially over the New Year, and reinforce their significance at the watches of this key gate.
- It is a season of proclaiming the Word of The LORD. Pray that Kingdom citizens will understand and submit to the processes He is taking them through especially in relation to their utterances, so they will not speak unadvisedly with their lips against His purposes. Job 32:8; James 4:7a; Ps 106:33
- It is a year of the Word of The LORD. Pray that during this season as you increase your word intake and listen to, read, study, sing the scriptures then Isaiah 51.16 will be your reality – The word of The LORD will be on your lips to create His purposes at every moment of life and existence. Pray this for kingdom citizens everywhere. Isa 50.4-5, 51.16, Psa 141.3.
Click Here to View as PDF