PRAYING THROUGH THE MONTH OF AUGUST 2010
Nehemiah 6:15, 16 (Psa.1:3)
This month was named after Augustus Caesar, one of the emperors of the Roman Empire. In Hebrew, the month of August was called ELUL (Neh 6:15). According to the ecclesiastical or Jewish sacred calendar, August is the sixth (6th) month (Ezekiel 8:1-18; Haggai 1:1-15). It is the last or twelfth (12th) month of the Jewish civil calendar. However, going by the Gregorian calendar it is the eighth (8th) month.
This month is a period of time termed “plumpness” representing “a surplus above the perfect seven” meaning, that which is in excess, or over and above, or overflowing. (Gen. 17:12- the Hebrew meaning of ‘eight’ in this scripture is plumpness that represents ‘a surplus above the perfect seven’).
Figuratively, the eighth month symbolizes fatness, rich fat, lusty and plenteous. Thus the eighth month is a time of salvation, restoration, fruitfulness, more abundance and plenty (Luke 1:23-37, 66; Acts 9:33-34; 1Pe.3:20.) The month of August is a period of time characterized by the ripening of the fruit of the date palm and summer figs.
Pray into the month
- Command the micro seconds, seconds, minutes, hours, days, and weeks of the sixth sacred month to give God praise in total obedience to Him. (Isa 45:11)
- Command the heavens to declare the glory of God in this month. Command them to reject every other voice directing or guiding them in any way during these coming days. They will only obey their Creator and perform the roles which He created them for; to rule the day and night, for lights, to mark days, months, seasons and years and to give pleasure to God (Psa 19:1, Gen 1:14-17, Rev 4:11)
- Command the sun moon and stars to only speak that which glorifies God during this coming month. Wherever men see them, they will give praise to God alone. May the sun, moon and stars be darkened to those who try to manipulate them for evil purposes. (Psa 19:2-6, Isa 13:10, Eze 32:7-8)
- Thank God that by His mercies He has ushered His people into this month. (Ps 136:26)
- Declare Jesus Lord over the month. Command the lunar and solar gates of the month to be lifted up unto the Lord of Hosts and let Him enter and take perfect control of the month so the month can fulfill His will (Ps 24:7-10).
- Praise God for the promise of more abundant life, for fruitfulness in every endeavor during this month that symbolizes these virtues. Pray that the fruit for the 6th, 8th and 12th months from the tree of life that was assigned for this month will be released into your life, family, the church, nation and continent (Rev 22:2).
- Pray that the Lord will grant you the nature of the palm tree which remains lush and fruitful even in its old age. That which has depleted with regard to health, creativity, love growing cold, relationships, the work of your hands in every area of life and society, will begin to take on this nature (Psa 92:12-15)
- Pray that you will also derive the characteristic of the date palm which thrives in the harshest desert conditions but still bears succulent fruit to an old age. Pray this for the family and church especially at such a time when the church is facing a rising level of persecution in various parts of the world ,
- May the Lord grant you the nature of the fig tree which flourishes with the greatest luxuriance in those barren and stony situations where little else will grow. Its large size, and its abundance of five-lobed leaves render it a pleasant shade tree; and its fruit furnished a wholesome food, very much used in all the lands of the Bible. Thus it was a symbol of peace and plenty. Pray this for the family, church, nation and continent (1Ki 4:25 Mic 4:4 Zec 3:10 Joh 1:49-51).
- Figs are of two sorts, the “baccore,” and the “kermouse.” Pray that the nature of the kermouse which in particular ripens in this month will also be manifest in your life. This particular fig will withstand the harshest winter seasons and still ripen and produce plenteous nutritious fruit. Pray this for the family, church, nation and continent (Psa 1)
- Is this the month of your birth or an anniversary for a marriage or organization? Take time to fast and pray specially into this new season. Ask the Lord questions concerning the purpose for which He brought you or that union or that organization in this season. Ask him to give you clear direction for the season to come.
- Prophetically speak into the womb of time declaring the new season of God to arise and shine; to lay new foundations, to move to a new level that you have never been before, for the star of your life to shine brighter; for a fruitful and full life for the season God has allowed you on this earth; for a focused move further into God’s redemptive destiny for your life. Pray as the Holy Spirit leads you (Isa 60 and 61).
Prayer Points on numbers 6, 8, and 12.
The number 6 is the number of man.
“And so it is said, the first man Adam was a living soul. The last Adam is a life-giving spirit. But that which is natural comes before that which is of the spirit.
The first man is from the earth, and of the earth: the second man is from heaven.
Those who are of the earth are like the man who was from the earth: and those who are of heaven are like the one from heaven. And in the same way as we have taken on us the image of the man from the earth, so we will take on us the image of the one from heaven. Now I say this, my brothers that it is not possible for flesh and blood to have a part in the kingdom of God; and death may not have a part in life”. 1 Cor 15:45-50
- Having borne the image of the first Adam who is earthly, God wants us to bear the image of the last Adam who is heavenly. Pray for yourself, your family, business associates, friends; the church in all nations, leaders etc that God will take each through the process of death to self and the flesh to establish them in the image of the last Adam who is heavenly. (Joh 12:24; 1 Cor 15:31b)
- Pray that as many as are established in the image of the last Adam should be people who are heavenly in their thinking, in their world view, their value system, dispositions, relationship and culture which is love the culture of heaven and are people strictly governed by the word of God (Joh 3:31)
- People who bear the image of the last Adam are people who are spirit and walk in the spirit. Pray for the body of Christ round the world that each member will not just walk in the spirit but will relate with others in the spirit. (Gal 5:25)
- Fallen man is governed and by the flesh and birth things by the leading of the flesh. Fervently pray that God will save such as must be saved according to His purpose (Acts 2:47)
- Each of the first 4 books of the gospel reveals one of these four natures of the living creatures. The book of Luke depicts the nature of man in Christ i..e His perfect Humanity in all its manifestations and how He handled Himself through it all. Read thru this book during this month and ask the Holy Spirit to give you a personal revelation of Christ the Son of Man. Ask Him to help you develop maximum potential of your “man-hood”(i.e. both male and female “man”) (Read Luke)
The number 8 represents new beginnings. (1Pe 3:20, 2Pe 2:5.).
On 11 July 2010 the Lord through His vessel Abu Bako announced a covenant promise to Africa in which He said He is about to rid the continent of all the institutions, cults, people groups etc who have ridden the nations of Africa like riders on horses causing wars which enabled them to plunder Africa of its wealth. He will cause the horses to throw down their riders. This is an outstanding agenda for Africa, a new beginning without wars. Immediately after that prophetic word, the Lord gave a vivid covenant sign of a rainbow all around the sun which lasted for a couple of hours.
- Join the continent in prayer as you proclaim Psalm 46:9 over the continent of Africa.
- In this season of Jubilee for the continent, the it is the year of the Lord’s vengeance especially on those who have used their positions of authority in a negative manner to manipulate and control affairs on the continent for their own unfair advantage. (Ezk 21:25-26)
- Covenants are renewed because it is a month of new beginnings. Pray that all demonic feasts, ceremonies, rites and rituals performed for families, marriages, tribes, clans, occult groups and the nations for the perpetuation of demonic covenants to keep them perpetually bound usually done at the “gate” of the month (new moon) should all end under the furious judgment of God (Eze 7:6-9)
- As new beginnings speak of change, ask the Lord to help you understand that all change is painful and difficult no matter how good it may be. Therefore ask Him to help you focus on the purpose rather than the process you are going through. Pray this for yourself, your family, the church, nation and continent at large.
12 is the number for Divine governance
- Pray that God will establish His throne and divine government over every governable group of people in each territory of the earth. Command the gates of the executive arm of government, the legislature and the judiciary of each nation to be lifted up unto the Lord and invite the Lord who is the judge, the lawgiver and the king to go in and take over (Ps 24:7-10 ;Isa 33:22)
- Pray that God will raise and strengthen true apostolic/prophetic governance in the church of Christ. (Ps 11:3, 1Cor 3:5-17)
- Take time often during this month in daily prayer for the various governments of the nations in your continent. Proclaim that the earth is the Lord’s and each government is the Lord’s. He is the one who has prerogative of who sits on the seat of rulership. Pray that His purposes will be fulfilled in the nation. (Ps 24:1, 1 Chron 29:23, Dan 4:17, Psa 113)
10 nations of Africa and Cyprus are completing their 50th year of independence this month. These include Benin Republic (1 August 1960), Niger Republic (3 August 1960), Burkina Faso (5 August 1960), Cape Verde (5 August 1960), Cote D’Ivoire (7 August 1960), Tchad (11 August 1960), Central Africa Republic (13 August 1960), Congo Brazzaville (15 August 1960), Gabon (17 August 1960) and Senegal (20 August 1960).
- Pray that the jubilee characteristics will continue to manifest in these nations as they enter their 51st year of independence. These include restoration of lost inheritances, reconciliation of age old feuds, restitution of all things that were taken away, returning of citizens who were refugees, political asylum seekers, illegal immigrants, return to the rightful place of inheritance (of which DR Congo refugees and asylum seekers have been ordered by UN to return home), national repentance, revenge of God to whom vengeance is due, a season of unprecedented favor of God upon these nations, peace where there has been civil unrest, emancipation from the slave and poverty mentality, and a rebirth and revival of a Church movement patterned after the kingdom of God.. (Lev 25; Jer 22:29-30; Acts 3:21; Col 4:3) (more details from Enter Your Jubilee ©2009 Abu Bako)
- Switzerland 1 August (Alliance against the Holy Roman Empire in 1291, between Uri, Schwyz and Unterwalden)
- Cook Islands 4 August (Self-government in free association with New Zealand in 1965)
- Jamaica 1st Monday in August (Independence from the United Kingdom in 1962)
- Bolivia 6 August (Proclamation of Republic (independent from Spain) in 1825)
- Singapore 9 August ((National Day Parade), separation from Malaysia in 1965)
- Ecuador 10 August (Proclamation of independence from Spain in 1809)
- Pakistan 14 August (Independence Day, independence from the United Kingdom in 1947)
- India 15 August (Independence Day, India gaining independence from the British Empire 1947),
- Liechtenstein 15 August (The Hereditary Prince becomes Regent in 2004)
- South Korea 15 August (both the liberation from Japanese rule in 1945 (Gwangbokjeol) and the declaration of the South Korean state in 1948)
- Dominican Republic 16 August (independence from Spain in 1865)
- Indonesia 17 August (Proclamation of Independence day (Hari Proklamasi Kemerdekaan R.I.) from Japan in 1945)
- Hungary 20 August ( Stephen‘s day, Hungary is established as a Christian kingdom by Stephen I of Hungary),
- Ukraine 24 August (Independence from the Soviet Union in 1991)
- Uruguay 25 August ((Día de la Independencia) Declaration of independence from Brazil in 1825)
- Moldova 27 August (Declaration of independence from the Soviet Union in 1991)
- Slovakia 29 August, (Constitution, independence from Czechoslovakia in 1993)
- Tartarstan 30 August (Declaration of independence from the RSFSR in 1990)
- Turks and Caicos Islands 30 August (Constitution Day, 1976)
- Kyrgyzstan 31 August (Declaration of independence from the USSR in 1991)
- Malaysia 31 August ((Hari Merdeka) Independence from the United Kingdom in 1957)
- Trinidad and Tobago 31 August (Independence from the United Kingdom in 1962)
- Pray for a Jesus encounter which will lead to salvation for the people in the above nations (Act 9:3-6).
- Pray for the governments in these territories. Pray that in this coming year the Lord will raise true kingdom representatives in the political arena after the pattern of Daniel; to become a light which will push away every darkness as they stand for God’s purposes and bring transformation (Dan 6:3,19-28)
- Pray that God will raise His own prophets in each of these nations, in order to turn these nations back to him and prepare them for the coming revival (Deut 18:14-15).
- National days are jubilee seasons. Its a new beginning for each of the above territories. Pray that God will indeed grant a new beginning to each of the above nations with regard to seeking Him as their beginning. (Gen 1:1a, Isa 60:1)
- Pray that the jubilee characters will manifest in each nation. May there be repentance, return to the rightful place of inheritance, restoration of God’s purposes which have been lost or stolen, restitution, rebuilding of that which has been broken down, God’s favour upon His people, God’s vengeance where it is due, a sense of rejoicing and hope as a new day dawns upon each of the above nations.(Isa 61)
- Pray that God will send times of refreshing to the church in each territory Pray that each of the above territories will have their hands lifted up and their knees strengthened to be a change agent in the society and to be on the offensive for the kingdom of God, rather than the defensive (Isa 35:3-7, Heb 12:12-14, Psa 90:17).
Jewish civil issues (Isa 49)
- Pray for the body of Christ in Israel and as many as are praying for that nation, her people in the nation and in the diasporas. Pray that the Lord will raise for as many gentiles believers to pray for the restoration of the Jewish people who continue to have the veil over their eyes concerning the Messiah
- Pray for your nation that it will be counted as a sheep nation. Pray that the church in your nation will begin to be the first spiritual ambassador to Israel and her people wherever they are through her prayers and also giving good press for that nation whenever false reports are given against it
PRAYING GOD’S PATTERNS IN THE HEAVENS
- Are you still in the dark and wondering about the ordinances that govern the heavens and how their dominion is established on earth? So far as you are willing to learn, ask the Holy Spirit to explain the entire subject of the heavens to you, the way you can best understand it so you will be a knowledgeable vessel for the Lord on earth. ( Joh 14:26; 16:13)
August marks the eighth lunar season of the year 2010
- Proclaim to the entire creation that the eighth lunar season is a season of fruits and fruitfulness and abundance of all things physically and spiritually, so declare whatever word God puts in your mouth to the earth so it will yield its best to you and to every African. (Deut 28:47b; Isa 51:16)
- Pray for the precious fruits brought forth by the sun and moon such as sun light for solar energy and healthy bodies and moon (Ps 104:19) for abundance of sea foods, the right ebb and flow of tides, and good influence of the waters of our bodies. (Deut 33:14)
THE MAJOR LUNAR EVENTS OF SIGNIFICANCE IN THE HEAVENS ARE AS FOLLOWS
Crescents and Quarter Moons (Sickles & Bows respectively)
The occult often uses the crescent moon as a sickle to reap the gains of the righteous who are ignorant. This is also the period when they increase their enchantments, strength and fortification.
- Pray that God will cause His people round the world to hunger and thirst for knowledge so the enemy will not use his agents to cheat and disparage His people. (Mat 5:6)
- Declare the Lord to be the stronghold, fortress, rock, strength and defence of all His people. (Nah 1:7)
The last quarter moon is on the 03rd of August 2010 @ 04:59 UT and the First quarter moon for this month is on the 16th of August 2010 @ 18:14 UT.
The occult uses the quarter moons as an occasion for shooting arrows especially at the righteous.
- God’s people must be skilled in high level warfare so they can break the steel bows of the witches, wizards, sorcerers, necromancers, diviners, monthly prognosticators, astrologers, traffickers of familiar spirits, the queen of heaven and all the human agents of darkness. Pray that God will teach the hands of His people to war throughout the earth (Ps 18:34; Ps 144:1)
The New Moon that ushers in this month and the eighth lunar season of 2010 is on the 10th of August 2010 @ 03:08 UT
The occasion of the new moon is a gate into new beginnings. It is an occasion for complete alignment with the purposes and plans of God defining a new beginning with God.
- As you read this, are you willing to re-align with God completely? Are the members of the body ready and willing to say “let it be according to your will O Lord”? Pray for yourself, and for every member of the body of Christ, and even for nations, that God will bring each to the point where they will surrender to the will of God so they will reflect God’s agenda for their lives as it is in heaven. (Mat 6:10 ; Mat 26:42b)
- Blow the shofar (Cornet) for all those who are willing and God will incise and fix them in their rightful positions in Christ as a sure nail so they will shine (Isa 22:23; Isa 60:1-5)
- The New Moon is an occasion for worship so pray that God’s people on earth will speak to each other in psalms and hymns singing and making melody in their heart to the Lord( Eph 5:19-20)
The full moon is on the 24th of August 2010 @ 17:05 UT
- Pray that all the enemies of the Lord operating in nations round the world that intensify their demonic and satanic activities at full moon should perish if they adamantly refuse to repent, but let those who love the Lord shine in good works like the sun in its full strength. (Jdg 5:31; Mat 5:16)
- Fervently ask the Lord to reveal to every true believer worldwide, the full import of the present prophetic time table God has ushered the world into, and the full implication for each member to be located in God’s perfect plan for their lives. (1 Cor 2:10)
- Pray that God given revelations in response to the above petition will wake believers up from their slumber to seek God for His purpose for their lives. (Eph 5:14-18)
In this month while the sun circuits through the heavens, it passes through a group of 110 stars in the constellation called Virgo symbolised by a virgin with a branch in her right hand and some ears of corn in her left hand. This gives a two-fold testimony of the Coming One.
Virgo represents JESUS – BORN OF A WOMAN AND IS THE RIGHTEOUS BRANCH, WHO’S REIGN WILL BE BEAUTIFUL AND GLORIOUS, AND WHO WILL MAKE THE FRUIT OF THE LAND TO BE RENOWNED.
The entire earth is in the time and season for the reign of the Righteous Branch, A time when the Righteous Branch is identifying and possessing the hearts of all those who are His, spreading His Kingdom from heart to heart. (Lk 17:21)
- The reign of Jesus the Righteous Branch in the hearts of men is beautiful and glorious producing fruits that are renowned in their lives on earth. Ask the Lord to possess the lives of every man on earth He has predestined to beautify especially on the continent of Africa and reign in them (Gen 14:19b,22b)
- Pray that those He possesses, will bear and manifest prominently the fruit of the spirit, a people who will be true expressions of Christ on earth especially the church in Africa. (Gal 5:22-23)
- Meditate on Isa 4:2-6. This passage describes what God intends to do with each life He possesses. Examine your Christian life; are you an expression of this passage? Pray for yourself and for your family and the church of Christ globally that God will inspire understanding in each member so they will be strong in the Lord their God. (2 Cor 13:5; Job 32:8)
3 other smaller groups of stars called decans that form part of the constellation called Virgo give further details of who the “Branch” is.
COMA represents “The Desired” which portrays the coming “Branch” to be a child who will be the “Desire of all nations” referring to Jesus. Except the Lord shakes the nations, to the point where they realise they are but mere men, just the way He shook the economies of the world, no people group will desire Christ.
- Pray that the kingdoms of this world will desire Jesus and totally submit to His reign and rule as God shakes the heavens and the earth, the sea, the dry land and all the nations of the world to subdue all worldly powers under Christ. (Hag 2:6-7; Rev 11:15)
CENTAURUS represents “the centaur” a being having two natures depicting Jesus, who was son of God and son of man, the Lion and the Lamb, the root and offspring of David, the peasant Shepherd and royal King.
- You are the son or daughter of God the King just like Jesus. How much wisdom do you display amongst the “wolves” of this world yet you look harmless like a dove? How humble you are you yet bold like the Lion? What qualities of service to men do you render? Are you a boss or you serve men by the integrity of your heart and guide them by skilfulness of your hands just like David did? Present yourself to God, present your spouse, children, your leaders in the church and nation etc. Tell the Lord to work in each of you both to will and to do of His good pleasure making each a true experiential gateway for others into the Kingdom. (Phil 2:13)
BOOTES represents the “coming one”, referring to Jesus Christ the coming Messiah and Judge of the earth.
- The Lord is looking for kingdom minded people who live a kingdom lifestyle here on earth and express the kingdom everywhere the Lord takes them. Pray that the Lord will judge ever hidden thing that has prevented His people from living as kingdom citizens here on earth. (Ps 82:8,19:13; Isa 11:4)
PRAYERS COVERING THE PROPHECIES FOR 2010
Please purchase a copy of the 2010 prophecies at the media desk or print a copy from our website www.gapnetwork.org to enable you keep the promises of God in focus and pray them into manifestation
Proclaim over the earth that JESUS THE RIGHTEOUS BRANCH, WHO’S REIGN WILL BE BEAUTIFUL AND GLORIOUS, WILL MAKE THE FRUIT OF THE EARTH TO BE RENOWNED. (Isa 4:2)
Contact us: +233 21775374(Tel/fax)